security updates issue

bigjim

When I logged on I found I needed critical MS updates. I immediately started them over an hour ago and they still show 0% downloaded on what I think is a fairly fast connection to the internet. How can I tell if I have another issue or it is truly downloading? This is an obvious problem when I have limited time on a connection.

Jim,

What kind of connection as was asked, but also what kind of machine? Model number and manufacturer, and what version of Windows are you using? Need to check settings. I have two systems that take forever compared to the other ones and I have a 100Mbps cable here. If it seems stuck do a restart and see if that helps things along. Usually they are already downloaded on my machines that I've set to just to automatically download and install. I have gotten them installing in the background without telling me and when I try to check updates it says it is loading other updates or getting ready and to try again later.

I'll give a system an hour before I restart it. I have had the strange little Voyo MIni PC take overnight one time. Some of the Atom lower numbered chips can take longer. My wife's Atom 3770 Venue 11 Pro is done in half the time it takes for my wife's new All in one i5 quad core to update, both with MS Office 2010 Home and biz. All our computers except my desktop are only wireless and all adapters are dual band as is the router.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived