Phoenix to Kingman via US 93

hfritsche

Hello all,

Am wintering in Phoenix and will leave in a couple of weeks for the northwest. Would like to use US93 (thru Wickinburg) to get to Kingman. It's been years since I've driven the route between PHX and I-40. I remember some fairly turney-twisty roads. Did they straighten that road? I'm driving a 40 ft Class A.

I don't know where you are in the Phoenix area but many times we've taken Hwy 74 west out of the Cave Creek area to Hwy 60 into Wickenburg, then 93 toward Kingman. It's a very pleasant, scenic route although weekends are busier if you can avoid it but not bad.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

US-93 is a very good highway. It does have some up hills and down hills, but nothing bad. We travel that way often, either on our way south in the fall or on our way north in the spring.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

We drove the road in June 2014. While you won't have a problem driving a 40' rig on the highway, it was a fairly slow drive. It is kind of winding twisting and some of the route was on normal width highway with no paved shoulder with ups and downs and curves.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

You are lucky, definitely take 74 to Wickenburg. For everyone else, Bell road and US60 is now closed in all directions until November for construction and has a big detour (also under construction - figures!)

Dave

Is that Bell Rd in Surprise, AZ (Phoenix) or in the Wickenburg area? Is US-60 totally closed, or just Bell Rd?

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

I drive through there every few days. Bell is closed but, Grand Ave (US60) is open. US 60 is restricted to 2 lanes each way. There may be closures on US 60 at night or weekends. The Bell road bypass is not recommended for large RV's. Project is expected to completed April 2017 .

Bill j. with one very understanding wife, 2004 34ft. Meridian Itasca DP, 2013 honda CRV, one comanding CAT!!
SKP # 63321

Archived