I am totally out of my comfort zone on this and seeking your advice

HERO Maker

Rocky,

you need to change the picture in, and update your signature . . . .or it didn't happen! :)

Well, I'm forgetting how I posted the old picture of our rig when I did it many years ago!

But I think you can take a look at this new (miracle) trailer by clicking the link below.

This was taken this morning up at Diamond RV Park in Woodland Park, CO. Yes, this is Jack's old spot where his rig was, but he is letting me use it. This is a gorgeous campground this time of year (nowhere close to 100 degrees), but if you want to come up here, you need to book next year now!

Again, much thanks for the many comments and words of encouragement from all of you. This has been unimaginable!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice looking rig. It even matches the truck.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Rocky, sorry to hear of your struggles. Just my experience with auto insurance companies, if they total a car they will offer you a set amount and you can deduct the price to buy the unit back from that price.

As for the Teton which is a quality home, if it is a rubber roof and just that and the wood under it got damaged that is not that expensive to repair. I know that when we purchased our 5er the rubber roof

had quite a bit of damage. I called a repair shop and they quoted us $7000. So we called around and got all the materials for $1200. and about $200. to add another layer of 7/16 plywood under the rubber.

Now I am telling you this because meeting you at the 2013 rally I feel that you guys may have a great out pouring of friends that would be more then happy to do the labor.

Ruth and I did ours and it took us 4 long days, and that's with just us two. And if we weren't in Cal. getting our truck worked on I would consider coming out to help with installing it. We hope you heal fast and

hope this will help in some way.

Chip and Ruth

Chip and Ruth

2000 Kenworth T2000 'Titus'

2006 Keystone Raptor 'Cletus'

2010 Smart 'Alyck'

Chip, that is a huge offer to help, but we made the final decision to not move forward with the Teton when floor tiles started popping up!

Did my homework, like you did, and found very different prices for same work around the country.

Yes, the same friends that you mentioned would help in the labor area, did help in the donation fund for our 3 month old trailer that is in the link below.

Hope to see you at the Rally in Hutch.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
HERO Makers Ministry

Chip, that is a huge offer to help, but we made the final decision to not move forward with the Teton when floor tiles started popping up!

Did my homework, like you did, and found very different prices for same work around the country.

Yes, the same friends that you mentioned would help in the labor area, did help in the donation fund for our 3 month old trailer that is in the link below.

Hope to see you at the Rally in Hutch.

That looks to be a gorgeous site from where I sit. Where/what is that campground?

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

That looks to be a gorgeous site from where I sit. Where/what is that campground?

We were blessed with this site while we went through everything to learn about our new to us rig.

This is Diamond Campground in Woodland Park, CO.

This was our 3rd time here and it is a special place. From the owner to all the staff, everybody makes you feel like family.

This was the most "dressed up" site, but I don't believe it is really available all the time. We got blessed.

Really nice park, left as rustic as they could, but with everything working great!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
HERO Makers Ministry

We were blessed with this site while we went through everything to learn about our new to us rig.

This is Diamond Campground in Woodland Park, CO.

This was our 3rd time here and it is a special place. From the owner to all the staff, everybody makes you feel like family.

This was the most "dressed up" site, but I don't believe it is really available all the time. We got blessed.

Really nice park, left as rustic as they could, but with everything working great!

Or, if you want to see the new website I developed, look at Diamond https://diamondcampground.wordpress.com/

We are not an "RV Resort". The campground is at 8500' on the flank of Pikes Peak. We try to keep it more rustic. No swimming pool - you could not use it at this elevation - it was 46* this morning. :) But we do have a modern bathhouse and decent Internet, most of the time. Most of the sites are nestled in the pines or aspen. Most are pretty spacious as these things go, but some are tight. It just depends. We have big rig sites, but you have to reserve. Marc and Dawn were here last week; Sondra and David were here the week before, and the Bruss' will be here in a couple of weeks. So we routinely have HDTs come through.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Or, if you want to see the new website I developed, look at Diamond https://diamondcampground.wordpress.com/

We are not an "RV Resort". The campground is at 8500' on the flank of Pikes Peak. We try to keep it more rustic. No swimming pool - you could not use it at this elevation - it was 46* this morning. :) But we do have a modern bathhouse and decent Internet, most of the time. Most of the sites are nestled in the pines or aspen. Most are pretty spacious as these things go, but some are tight. It just depends. We have big rig sites, but you have to reserve. Marc and Dawn were here last week; Sondra and David were here the week before, and the Bruss' will be here in a couple of weeks. So we routinely have HDTs come through.

Nice site. Except several of the photos are not displaying. On the home page, the photo under "big rigs" and on the photos section, the first image, and two images under bathhouse and very large pull through site. Otherwise everything else seems to display and is nicely organized and easy to read.

I'm using Firefox in windows 7, and have tried Internet explorer in Win7 also with the same result.

Michael

Nice site. Except several of the photos are not displaying. On the home page, the photo under "big rigs" and on the photos section, the first image, and two images under bathhouse and very large pull through site. Otherwise everything else seems to display and is nicely organized and easy to read.

I'm using Firefox in windows 7, and have tried Internet explorer in Win7 also with the same result.

I noticed that the big rig picture did not display. It may be related to me pasting it into the Wordpress text. I'll move it into the media area.....and I'll check the others...

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived