Importing photos

lappir

With Picasa no longer being supported, how is everyone getting their photos off the phones and onto their computer drive. I used to be able to just plug in the phone and Picasa would open and I could import there, edit and share. Now I can't seem to get the photos off the phone. Windows 10 hasn't helped it either, I think.

Thanks,

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I have a Dropbox app on my Android phone that will automatically or manually upload my photos to my cloud folders where I can then download them to my laptop. I've also transferred photos by email, BlueTooth, and USB cable.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Have you tried using iPhoto? I don't know exactly how it works on a PC but on my Mac when I plug my iPhone into my Mac via usb cable it automatically launches iPhoto and asks me if I want to import the photos. I'd guess that you could then easily export the photos from iPhoto to your favorite photo editor or library program if you don't like iPhoto. Personally i really like iPhoto but then I'm not a "serious" photographer.

---Ron

Ron Engelsman

http://www.mytripjournal.com/our_odyssey

Full-Timing since mid 2007

23' Komfort TT

2004 Chevy Avalanche 4x4 8.1L

It can be different for each phone OS. If you have an iPhone then this may help: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-photo-download/d2b7cce0-7d39-4329-a6fb-e78dd3d7bd72?auth=1

What phone and version of Apple iOS, Android OS or Windows phone OS do you have? Most phones have a back up to PC or Mac App in the phone itself. THen you can use ( in Windows 10) file explorer to find the phone folder to copy the pics from to the main pictures folder.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Sorry I didn't post the Android S3 or S5 I have been using to take photos. With the S3 today I was able to upload into Facebook but not really into my computer. Photobucket wasn't something I wanted to use in the past. Is it better now?

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Every Android phone I've ever used acted the same. When I plugged it into my computer using the usb cable, it gave me the option of opening the phone in Windows Explorer. Explorer sees it as an external drive. I can then transfer or copy photos from the phone to any folder on the computer.

I don't know how it would work with an Apple computer, never used one.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Sorry I didn't post the Android S3 or S5 I have been using to take photos. With the S3 today I was able to upload into Facebook but not really into my computer. Photobucket wasn't something I wanted to use in the past. Is it better now?

Rod

Hi Rod

This is what I use to transfer images & other files between my Android devices (S5 Note 10.1, & Note 9.5)

Software Datacable app & a FTP windows program. (FireFTP FireFox Extension) running in PaleMoon Browser

I get a split window showing the PC's file sys on the left & the device file sys on the right once the link is setup & connected. If the device is rooted you will have access to ALL your files & folders so be careful. Otherwise just the virtual SD card and EXT SD Card if there is one.

ylXUWGQ.gif

ajaR0Ky.gif

YuzFntZ.gif

I use Flickr.com. Free with a TB of storage and good apps for iOS and Android to back up phone with options to use WiFi, cell data or both. Great for sharing with friends, family or public profiles built in. Also can share pictures as a link. Ive used this for a couple of years with good results.

Jerry and Joan

2014 Ford F350 with 6.7 turbo, TrailerSaver

2014 40' Heartland Gateway Fifth wheel

iLoveRVlife.com

Archived