Foremost Insurance agent

Hello all,

Considering using Foremost Insurance and went to their website. To find an agent, I put in my zip code (Crestview Fl) and 4 agents are showing for that area.

Anyone had any dealings with any of the agents there, and could recommend one?

Thanks

Ya just can't RV without a hitch.....!

My first thoughts are that you might consider using an agent well experienced with the RV lifestyle. I have been using the National Interstate Insurance through the Explorer Agency for a number of years with success. There are issues with Rvs that are different from automobiles. Be cat out there. As always, oRV

oRV

75065 Lifetime Member

2010 Phaeton 40 QTH

2014 Honda CR-V Toad

I would go with a broker who specializes in RVs. A broker has more knowledge and insurance availability than an agent. When we had a 5th wheel we asked our insurance agent if he could insure, he said no. Went to a broker and they insured it with the same subsidiary as our agent would have used. I asked the agent what gives and he was so frustrated. He could insure a motor home via the subsidiary but not the 5th. Broker could do either. This was with Allied, a Nationwide subsidiary. Go figure??????????????

I don't know about RV's, but if they are as good with RV'ers as they are with mobile homes, you are in good hands. I have Foremost for my east Texas mansion (doublewide). Two hurricanes and substantial damage, never a problem with the estimates and supplemental payments. They offered me a hotel room until the home was repaired. We declined and opted to stay in our RV on site. So they paid for the fuel to run the genset. After Rita and Ike the overnighted cash, not check, cash to keep the generator running. Doesn't get any better than that.

2008 Ford F350 PowerStroke DRW
2006 Raptor 3813
2007 Harley Davidson ElectraGlide Classic

2010 Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra Classic
Street/Strip Harley Sportster Racebike
SFC (ret) US Army

Guess I will just call Foremost directly. Makes the most sense. If I have to do business with an agent in my state, sure they can connect me. Just seems like agent skills vary and I was hoping to find a good one.

SWharton-what is the difference between a broker and an agent? Never realized there was a difference I guess, at least as far as insurance goes.

Been insured by Foremost since 1995. We had occasion to file a sizable claim on our first coach which was handled expeditiously with no hassle. We rather expected an increase in our premium however it remained the same.

We've been extremely satisfied with their service and highly recommend Foremost based on our experience.

Safe travels to all...... :)

Jim & Sherry Seward

2000 Residency Mod. 3790

2003 Suzuki XL/7 4WD

FWIW, when visiting the Foremost website, it does not offer direct contact for new policies, instead it refers me to an agent. The website only offers existing customer service issues.

Contacted a very pleasant and knowledgable agent in Fl and was told, for reasons unknown to them, they could not get a Foremost quote. They can do Progressive and a couple others, but no Foremost.

???

For what is worth, I had Foremost till last month. My type of policy, would have only paid me 1/2 what my coach cost in 2013. They use the NADA book value, and no amount of upgrades and improvements mattered when talking to them. They were charging me more this year than when I first got the policy in 2013. Current asking prices and the upgrades and improvements to any coach I have found for sale are more than what I paid in 2013.

I have switched to a RV specialty agency, and the agent asked the right question about RV's, equipment, and how I was using the coach. He also said that I should each year, recheck to be sure that I am insure to replace my coach. The new company does not use the NADA, but instead the Blue Book, and values were $40K higher today.

Dave and Dolly Cobb
Arlington TX

1998 Foretravel, U-295 36', rare mid-door
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, as a toad

Dave - can you post the name of your current insurance - I'd like to consider them.

Thanks,

Jim

Overland Insurance Services, 800-677-4027

Travis Breedlove helped me.

They are a commercial member on one of the forums I am on, and had a good feedbacks from those members.

Dave and Dolly Cobb
Arlington TX

1998 Foretravel, U-295 36', rare mid-door
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, as a toad

Have used Foremost to insure my motorcycles & off-road toys for over 15 years. Never had any issues and deal directly with Foremost via phone most of the time even tho I have a local agent. Tried to use them for the MH but were not competitive in pricing with Nationwide (who I currently have). Have also had good experiences with both Nationwide & Progressive (had claims with both).

rocmoc n AZ/Fld/Baja

Archived