Utah National Parks

wahoowheat

April 1 and the parks are full? Amazing! For Arches/Canyonlands try for Dead Horse Point State Park. It's a beauty. For dry camping, Ken's Lake south of Moab is nice. For Bryce we enjoy Red Canyon national forest campground just west of Bryce on Hwy 12. East of Bryce is Kodachrome Basin State Park. For Zion, look at RVParkReviews.com at Springdale, UT, Virgin or Hurricane. We've always stayed in Zion itself at Watchman campground - electric and dump and water fill. Good luck!

National parks are filled, first time RVers. Any suggestions for campgrounds by Arches, Canyonland, Bryce, or Zion?

What is your time frame? Do you have a 4-6 weeks or is this a 7-10 day trip? Do you dry camp or boondock or do you require at least water & elect with a dump station? What kind of RV and size? Are you going in April or making plans for this summer?

National parks are filled, first time RVers. Any suggestions for campgrounds by Arches, Canyonland, Bryce, or Zion?

Welcome to the Escapees Forum!

Here is a link to BLM campgrounds near Moab. Here is a link to information about campgrounds in the Dixie National Forest some of which are close to Bryce Canyon. Kodachrome Basin State Park was already mentioned. Escalante Petrified Forest State Park also has campgrounds. If you stay on the East side of Zion and drive your toad or tow vehicle into the park, there are a number of commercial campgrounds in Mount Carmel, Glendale and Kanab. Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park has a campground.

Again, welcome to the Escapees Forum!!!

For Bryce, Ruby's is just outside the park. For Arches and Canyonlands "Islands in the Sky" district, check any of the commercial RV parks in Moab.

FYI, Canyonlands has 3 districts. Islands in the Sky, north of Moab, Needles, well south of Moab, and a 3rd I don't remember only accessible by river, I believe.

You might as well check out Cedar Breaks National Monument while you're in Utah, too. It is near Cedar City, UT.

I agree on Dead Horse Point, although it is often filled. There are a couple of first come sites that I've managed to catch. Fill up with water in Moab - none available at Dead Horse; the sites are electric only. Even if you don't get a site, the park is worth a visit. The view from the point is wonderful.

I knew there was a reason we booked our campgrounds ahead for our trip to Alaska this summer....

We start on 4/15 at Catalina SP then hit Grand Canyon (Trailer Village), Zion (Watchman), Bryce (Ruby's Inn), Salt Lake (Pony Express), Yellowstone (Grizzly) and then Glacier (North American)

We started booking last fall figuring it was going to be a busy season heading to Alaska with the fuel costs down and the Canadian to US dollar exchange dramatically in our favor.

Archived