FullRiver DC250-6 batteries on Magnum PSW charger

Mainuh

We're picking up our new to us coach in a few weeks from the dealer. They were going to put new wet cells in place of the 4 house batteries but I covered the cost of upgrading to 4 FullRiver DC250-6 AGM batteries after reading Jack's comments on them and several others.

My question is on the Magnum PSW inverter and programming the ME-RC there are 2 AGM programs: #1 explicitly for Lifeline and #2 says "east Penn/Deka/Discover/Trojan AGM batteries". The (4) 6v batteries will be connected in 2 pairs of 12v and those 2 pairs in parallel. I'm guessing program 2 will work for the FullRiver as their specs for 12v are: bulk/absorption 14.7 and float at 13.6 and the Magnum AGM2 program is 14.5 absorption and 13.5 float, 14.5 equalization.

I'm sure the dealer will be able to assist as he owns a similar coach with the same Magnum setup, but was just curious if Jack or others familiar with FullRiver and Magnum setups had setup something similar to this and used the AGM2 setup ?

Cheers,

Don

I use the AGM2 setup, but frankly, I rarely charge with the Magnum. Usually I use the MidNite charge controller with a custom profile that matches the Fullriver.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I use AGM2 with my Fullrivers as well.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Archived