Malwarebytes?

bigjim

I have been using the free version of malwarebytes and just got a notice that there is a new version to install.

They are saying I should temp. disable my firewall and other antivirus (mine-MSE) but I don't remember having to do this before. What say you computer heads. Currently don't have regular access to internet for a little while but have it until about 7pm today MST.

I have the paid version (not sure it's any better) and I got the same message. I downloaded it and all seems to be okay; it did create a different looking icon on the desktop which made me a little curious. Went to their website and found that it seems to be the new logo so I guess all is well. No problems since download. BTW I didn't disable the firewall or anything elsse and it downloaded fine.

1st. of all that is standard mesg about disabling firewall. some programs will block malwarebytes an/or other programs.

as for free/paid version there isn't that much of a difference.

i have used free version an install it on all of my 300+ customers.

during the install last box comes up, uncheck to install free trial of paid version.

as for free/paid version there isn't that much of a difference.

I'm not sure if that is an accurate statement. There are a number of features of the paid version that I think significantly enhance the level of protection, one of the most important of which, I think, is the Real Time Protection module

Archived