Brake lights on toad aren't working

maggie blair

• Maggie, is anything new with your light problem? I'd be really interested to hear where you stand on the problem.

Over the years I have used several different means of installing permanently mounted lights that do not use the auto electrical system at all and like several other former electrical tech RVers that I know, I much prefer them. I have also used magnetic tow lights and still own a set and those also work well but can be a bit inconvenient. With the electronics that modern vehicles have, installing of the isolation kits to connect into the auto's lighting system can be a bit tricky so that is likely the issue that you have. It is vital that these blocking diode kits be used to avoid cross connecting the electrical supply of the towing motorhome to the electronics of the car, as that can cause some serious problems. By use of one of the means of permanently installed lights that are only used when towing, you then eliminate the need for those parts and simplify the electrical system. While all of us have our own opinions about what is best, there have been many satisfied users of any of the various means of installing the lights and to date I have not heard of one problem of traffic tickets or other legal issues from them.

My RV is sitting at another RV place waiting to find out what damage may have been done at the other shop. Hopefully I will hear something soon. CW said they will not pay to have my grill replaced and they are requesting I return it to their business and allow their techs to dismantle the front of my car and replace the grill they chopped up! I have zero confidence in those people touching my car and the idea of them taking the front end off to install the new grill is frightening. I would be worried the front end of my car might fall off if they did that repair. I may need to take that one to the next level outside of CW. They agreed to a diagnostic test from the other shop, but haven't agree to pay for the repairs.... One step at a time and this has been one of the worst ordeals I have had to deal with concerning a vehicle. My biggest concern is that the other place may have really caused some damage to my wiring. I will check into the magnetic lights. Thanks for that info.

Maggie Blair

Maggie,

Redding is a long ways from where I am, but the '13 Fit is pretty straightforward. Independent turn signals mean that 3 of the four functions can be hooked up right at the front of the car.

Unfortunately CW doesn't know how to do the straightforward setups. Trained techs would be good.

Maggie Blair

My RV is sitting at another RV place waiting to find out what damage may have been done at the other shop. Hopefully I will hear something soon. CW said they will not pay to have my grill replaced and they are requesting I return it to their business and allow their techs to dismantle the front of my car and replace the grill they chopped up! I have zero confidence in those people touching my car and the idea of them taking the front end off to install the new grill is frightening. I would be worried the front end of my car might fall off if they did that repair. I may need to take that one to the next level outside of CW. They agreed to a diagnostic test from the other shop, but haven't agree to pay for the repairs....

I'm wondering if it mqy be time to qt least make phone contact with a personal injury atirney?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived