New 3D project (only marginally related to HDTs)

phoenix2013

Noticed that this experimental procedure was in Florida, my new adopted state. Since moving here wife and I being of "advanced" age and mother age 100, we went on a serious search to establish a roster of physicians to take care of all of our organs that are aging. Wife was "plugged into" the medical scene in Boston for years and has seen the best and advanced. She was part of the team that performed the first kidney transplant in this country, ran a surgical wing for young docs graduating from Harvard Medical School, etc., still trying to figure out what see saw in me then?

Anyway, she has seen the best and can spot the best.

One thing she noticed right away was the breadth and quality of the medical talent available, the facilities and the procedures they do and the cutting age stuff done in many hospitals in this state. No doubt that that the advanced age population, like us, provides plenty of "material" to practice on, but what we also noted that Florida's portion of wealthy 1 percenters is higher than New York and on par with California. Which means that medical facilities don't have to worry about their futures, sophisticated equipment needs, new wings or Obamacare rules.

Friend of mine from New England in need of a kidney transplant was put on a waiting list in one hospital up north. He moved down to Florida and was put on a waiting list in four, from Jacksonville to Miami and two others.

One of my "sophisticated" liberal friends from New Hampshire asked me how "I liked living among the rednecks". After living here for three years I can see with certain clarity, that there are more rednecks in New England than here, they just don't know it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed that this experimental procedure was in Florida, my new adopted state. Since moving here wife and I being of "advanced" age and mother age 100, we went on a serious search to establish a roster of physicians to take care of all of our organs that are aging. Wife was "plugged into" the medical scene in Boston for years and has seen the best and advanced. She was part of the team that performed the first kidney transplant in this country, ran a surgical wing for young docs graduating from Harvard Medical School, etc., still trying to figure out what see saw in me then?

Anyway, she has seen the best and can spot the best.

One thing she noticed right away was the breadth and quality of the medical talent available, the facilities and the procedures they do and the cutting age stuff done in many hospitals in this state. No doubt that that the advanced age population, like us, provides plenty of "material" to practice on, but what we also noted that Florida's portion of wealthy 1 percenters is higher than New York and on par with California. Which means that medical facilities don't have to worry about their futures, sophisticated equipment needs, new wings or Obamacare rules.

Friend of mine from New England in need of a kidney transplant was put on a waiting list in one hospital up north. He moved down to Florida and was put on a waiting list in four, from Jacksonville to Miami and two others.

One of my "sophisticated" liberal friends from New Hampshire asked me how "I liked living among the rednecks". After living here for three years I can see with certain clarity, that there are more rednecks in New England than here, they just don't know it.

Thanks guy we buy some of our stuff from in Miami Fl. Was the one told me about the study there. And I agree Fl has way better healthcare then most other states. It can't be the older population that has moved there. :D Wish I could get 2 ladies at churh to have there knees fixed. But for some reason there scared to death of even getting checked out. :(

event.png

Archived