New 3D project (only marginally related to HDTs)

phoenix2013

Henry I agree about the anesthesiologist they're Awesome.

I had a bad hernia repaired same day as your surgery. The anesthesiologist came in and talk to me before surgery and set me up with the perfect cocktail after I told him I suffered nausea last time I was under years ago.

He had me under painlessly and comfortably in minutes and I woke up exactly when he said I would feeling great with no pain.

Many thanks to my surgeon my anesthesiologist and modern medicine.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henry,

Thank you for the compliment about my former vocation. Glad it went well for you and hope you continue to improve. You have a year's worth of work to get your "Borg" parts broken in.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

You welcome! I also had hernia done couple years ago. Your vocation and your colleagues have turned the three procedures into "non-events". I had absolutely no concerns climbing onto the operating tables.

Yesterday I had my first followup visit with my surgeons assistant (the surgeon went on a month long vacation the day after he did me). He was impressed with the progress and released me to enjoy my pool (even though it was couple of weeks earlier from the "normal"). Pool should make home PT little easier. Also took xrays to examine the Borg parts.

Knees%2B2.JPG

Knees%2B3.JPG

Knees%2B4.JPG

Note the distinctly different sizes and shape of the parts for left and right knees. The doc pointed out that this is the main advantage of the Conformis system, Conventional system have half a dozen sizes but they are identical left and right.

Real pictures were available on a CD for a price. The assistant who brought those up on a computer screen for the doctor, suggested that we just snap pictures of these with a cell phone, hence the reflections on the screen.

Ah . I wondered how that happened .

Goes around , comes around .

• 4 weeks later...

It's been two months, down to cane (for safety), last PT session this Friday and I'm on my own. Needed to celebrate so went to celebrate with my jazz friends by joining them at a local jam. One thing led to another and we'll continue the "celebration" with a pool party at my house.

Concert_zpsh9tfjwtf.jpg

The setting looks downright familiar. Glad you're back to jazzing it up with friends, whether at the botanical center or in your pool.

2001 Volvo 610 HDT with Smart Car bed and ET Junior hitch

2007 New Horizons Summit 38

2013 Smart for Two

2012 Easy Racer Tour Easy recumbent bicycle

"There is no path. Paths are made by walking." – Spanish poet Antonio Machado

Henry,

Would love to hear you break loose on a little Deep Purple or Andy Timmons and the Pawn Kings on a B3. Oh for the 70's again, sigh.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

For all you knee replacement veterans.

After 8 weeks of outpatient therapy I've been told to continue on my own.

Both knees are on the mark straight out.

Bent, right one is up to 131 degrees,

left one is at 120, more work will be needed on that sucker.

Incidentally, 120 is the goal for replacement knees per PT. Healthy, Almighty supplied knees, bend up to 135 degrees.

For all you knee replacement veterans.

After 8 weeks of outpatient therapy I've been told to continue on my own.

Both knees are on the mark straight out.

Bent, right one is up to 131 degrees,

left one is at 120, more work will be needed on that sucker.

Incidentally, 120 is the goal for replacement knees per PT. Healthy, Almighty supplied knees, bend up to 135 degrees.

That is excellent on both knees. On my left knee, it took me more than 8 weeks to get past 100* and that was just from having meniscus removal and an OATS procedure. Right knee was just the opposite, could bend it all the way back but couldn't straighten it.

Keep up the exercises and stretching.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Heck, I've got "natural" knees and mine don't bend that far.....They used to, but not any more......

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Davena's lining up orders, give her a call and the new shop needs action too, did you see the Hmmm topic.

There are two components to recovery from a procedure like mine, Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy. I always viewed building hitches as a superb form of Occupational Therapy. Depending on which components you choose to handle they range from pounds, to 15 pounds, to 45 pounds, to 80 pounds, to 105 pounds, all the way up to 205 pounds (the main mounting plate).

The primary reason I never felt a need to sign up for a gym membership.

• 2 weeks later...

New member here. I have some 3D experience also. I had the opportunity to ask an orthopedic surgeon about the procedure you outlined, but he seemed uninterested in scanning and printing. He seemed to think small medium or large is close enough.

I use Alias, Catia, and Unigraphics, btw.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

New member here. I have some 3D experience also. I had the opportunity to ask an orthopedic surgeon about the procedure you outlined, but he seemed uninterested in scanning and printing. He seemed to think small medium or large is close enough.

I use Alias, Catia, and Unigraphics, btw.

Sculptor, I would look for another surgeon that is familiar with this procedure. I started with another surgeon who also wanted to do a "conventional procedure", he didn't get the job. Go on the Conformis site, they list surgeons all over the country who do it.

If you use the CAD packages you list you must have more than some experience and you went through "lots of intellectual pain".

• 2 weeks later...

Sculptor, I would look for another surgeon that is familiar with this procedure. I started with another surgeon who also wanted to do a "conventional procedure", he didn't get the job. Go on the Conformis site, they list surgeons all over the country who do it.

If you use the CAD packages you list you must have more than some experience and you went through "lots of intellectual pain".

Ha Ha, an understatement. I rebrowsed your medical journey tonight. It has been quite a ride for you sir. I'm very glad you are doing so well now!

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

New Borg under construction!

DSC_0101.JPG

Those Conformis knees are something else! 8 days since the second one was done (left one) and we are walking! No pain whatsoever in the knees. There is pain streching the muscles and tendons that shrunk before the operation but that is to be expected. Surgeon (and Conformis) also eliminated the bowlegged cowboy look.

Don't look a week over 60 now. Just think when they get to the brain tranplant, then you better run Phonenix Run. Hope they get where there able to repair my back soon. Almost got in a study in Fl. There using Stem cell research to grow back nerves. But for some reason they would not take me. Guess it was the red and grey hair they did not like.

event.png

Archived