3 new iOS 9.3 features business users will love

RV_

Not to be left out Apple is improving their productivity apps and Enterprise friendliness on their mobile iOS platforms. Nightshift is an excellent idea that is similar to Amazon's screen shifting when in reading mode. Both new to me. Interesting.

Excerpt:

"Apple introduced a new version of iOS on Monday. The update includes several new features, including updates to CarPlay and HealthKit, as well as a feature to make it easier for iPads to be used in schools for educational purposes. There are several other new features which are particularly appealing to the business-oriented user.

Here are 3 new features business users should check out."

The article goes on to show them with screen shots in the full article here: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/3-new-ios-9-3-features-business-users-will-love/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=19724681974700635514865380622813

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Might look into this if you have an iPad2

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/03/23/ios_93_update_bricks_ipad_2s/

Apple's latest iOS update, version 9.3, is bricking iPad 2 devices.

Reg readers, along with those on Apple's support and discussion boards, say their iPad 2s are unable to fully update to iOS 9.3 due to error messages that, for the time being at least, render the device unusable. The hardware is left in a mid-install limbo, it appears, preventing people from backing out of or progressing through the botched upgrade

Edit an update to give some fixes: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206203

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I might post this by itself later.

Be aware, Apple does it again. Night Shift doesn't work on OLDER devices. What is an older device per Apple, late 2013 and older, which makes about 2 1/2 years of service.

Does Apple mention this? Of course not. I had to go to Forbes to get this info.

What other new features don't work? I have no idea and won't research it either.

What makes this ironic to me is that Apple and Apple users like to tell us how their products work forever especially compared to a PC. They might work forever but the software doesn't. Apple wants you to upgrade to a new device to use their new features. I guess that is one way to generate income. I can tell you one thing, a 3 year old PC or older will run Win 10 very well.

I might post this by itself later.

Be aware, Apple does it again. Night Shift doesn't work on OLDER devices. What is an older device per Apple, late 2013 and older, which makes about 2 1/2 years of service.

Does Apple mention this? Of course not. I had to go to Forbes to get this info.

What other new features don't work? I have no idea and won't research it either.

What makes this ironic to me is that Apple and Apple users like to tell us how their products work forever especially compared to a PC. They might work forever but the software doesn't. Apple wants you to upgrade to a new device to use their new features. I guess that is one way to generate income. I can tell you one thing, a 3 year old PC or older will run Win 10 very well.

What does Win10 on a PC have to do with mobile devices?

That makes as much sense as my trying to compare a 8 year old Mac that can run the latest OS X with a 3 year old Android which most likely doesn't even get security patches.

You are correct that Apple should have included the lack of support for certain features in the release notes and the announcement. In the case of Night Shift, it requires 64-bit processor support which the older models do not have. I fully expect IOS10 to drop support for iPhone 4s and 5 since they don't have 64-bit CPUs.

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

Is this a problem that Apple is working on? I have a iPad 2 and do not want to do the upgrade until this problem is fixed or is this a problem that is just not going to be resolved. The DW has an iPad 3 and I have not tried to update it yet.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Is this a problem that Apple is working on? I have a iPad 2 and do not want to do the upgrade until this problem is fixed or is this a problem that is just not going to be resolved. The DW has an iPad 3 and I have not tried to update it yet.

Dennis

Apple has pulled the update for older IOS devices. The activation problem appears to affect people who changed their AppleID/Password after doing the initial setup when they first acquired the device.

Apple will be releasing a new upgrade for these devices in a couple of days.

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

Archived