The 5 in Utah for Easter 2016

Ron & Ginette

Given that we have had such a mild winter I thought this might be a good year to leave central Texas and see all those rocks in Utah. Just started looking for camping . Oh no, nothing available....We plan on being in the area right around Easter. So the help I need. Should I scrub the plan and try again next year?? ... with more notice . We can always just head west from here.

Yes, Easter week is big-time camping in southern Utah. Also, Moab (Arches Nat'l Park) has the annual Jeep Safari the 19th-27th so that draw even more in that area. If you can hold off until April or May your chances are better in getting campsites. Also, especially for Moab, if you don't need hookups there are plenty of spots on BLM lands...and much cheaper. Ken's Lake is a good example and there are many campgrounds along the Colorado River.

http://www.discovermoab.com/calendar.htm

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/recreation/campgrounds.html

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We were in Hurricane UT on our way to Bryce Canyon NP last year (camp hosts) at Easter. We had to leave the KOA we were at (didn't like it anyway) right before the Easter weekend. When we went looking in the Hurricane area for another site for over the Easter weekend, we were told that it was a major weekend for folks to get out in their RVs. We traveled north to Cedar City and didn't have a problem finding a spot.

Shirley & Neil
F350 and 2015 Open Range Light 318RLS
Winston, 2008 Cardigan Welsh Corgi and Nellie, 2010 Scottish Terrier

Archived