Going to California

ruthanns1

True words....BTW Has anyone made the trip to Kings Canyon or Yosemite NP's with their HDT?

Been to Yosemite 2x with HDT. Stayed in Groveland, CA.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

True words....BTW Has anyone made the trip to Kings Canyon or Yosemite NP's with their HDT?

We took our whole rig through Yosemite come over the Tiaoga pass (DW doesn't recommend that one!!). Hugged the yellow line through the tunnel going out to Coarsegold. SKP park there is a good one.

Spent several nights at King's canyon with just the HDT. Camped up near the visitor center a couple and then moved down to the bottom of the canyon. Travelled down into Sequoia also. No problem with the truck bob tail getting around any of the parks SEKI or Yosemite. Beautiful places to visit. I liked Kings canyon better than Yosemite - not so many people there.

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

I liked Kings canyon better than Yosemite - not so many people there.

:D:lol::D This coming from the man who travels with enough people to field an entire volleyball team. :lol::D:lol:

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I have stayed at Santee Lakes several times, I have an office in El Cajon. Not too bad getting in/out of. The sites are close and most are too short for you to stay connected. With the trucks turning radius and setback hitch it has not been an issue navigating thru. Most sites are pull thru, at an angle and wide enough that I have been able to park the truck, trailer, jeep and a visitor and still be able to sit outside under the awning and everything being inside the boundaries of the site.

Enjoy the trip!

The Santee Lakes sites "in the back" (numbers 198-300) are big rig friendly, and with a (very) few exceptions are *all* pull thrus.

As Rick indicates - you may not be able to stay hitched due to length, but the sites are spacious (width) with easy access.

Those sites (in the East and West Oak Loops) tend to have more long-stay visitors, so it's a good idea to visit their web site http://www.santeelakes.com to see what is available on the desired dates.

BTW - there's a San Diego Trolly (not Dolly Trolly) station in Santee for an easy "commute" to downtown

San Diego for touristy stuff.

Archived