Free overnight parking

dlbarr

Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska also have city parks that allow camping or have campgrounds. Some are free. Some request donations. Some have modest fees. Kansas allows free camping at some of their state fishing lakes and wildlife management areas. Florida also allows camping at some wildlife management areas and water management districts. Other states do also. You need to check the regulations for any seasonal restrictions and some may require a hunting or fishing license to camp. Free Campsites and the Ultimate Public Campground Project are good resources for finding these locations. You can buy a $20 dollar permit that allows 14 days of camping on Arizona Trust Lands.

Just a comment that some my like to consider on this subject.

I have a background in lobbying government on this very subject.Right the way up to federal level and senate inquiries. Long story and I wont bore you here with it. But the word 'free' gets some folks dander up. The campground lobby folk love it! Not. They have a long list of anti arguments. I/we found that simply dropping the 'free' and replacing it 'freedom of choice' made a huge difference. Ones an economic argument while the other is a lifestyle argument.

Remember to use 'freedom of choice' rather than 'free'.

regards

Archived