Soon-to-be new HDT owner

jeffw

Mine is registered as Motorhome and Progressive insured it as a Motrohome. It is also on the same policy as the Teton. If ya'll remember everyone was shooting me down. I jumped at Progressive offer. When I finally get some time I will make some more calls and compare.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I did check what we pay through State Farm and we pay just under $400 every 6 months which would be $800 per year and this is for MN with No Fault Medical. Since we park it from November to beginning of April and put it in storage insurance, we save about $200 and so we are only paying about $600 per year. Once we start heading south for winters and using the truck all year round that may not be an option.

Other items that will change what you pay is how much deductible you have and what kind of discounts you get (good driver, multiple cars or lines, security air bags, etc...so you can really only use these amounts and guide lines. At one time we were hoping for a fleet discount as we had 6 vehicles and a trailer insured along with a stick & bricks. Thankfully we do not have motorcycles, boats, ATV's or Razors and we are slowing reducing the fleet.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Jeffw,

Good looking rig! But it does look commercial....

Hope you have smooth travels!

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

Very nice. Make sure you have some nice rollers on the back of trailer as you will need them (feel free to ask how I know)! Also keep an eye on the trailer tires and pick yourself up a tire pressure monitoring system, those trailers typically come with very poor choices for tires. In our case, they were did not even have the load capacity for the axles and weight tag on the trailer.

As others have mentioned, you look commercial (yes, racing for trophies can be considered commercial and having sponsors can be considered commercial) so make sure you have all of your documentation together if you do not register it as commercial and you follow the rules for the states you are driving in. You may never have a problem or you may, it is all luck of the draw.

In any case you are better off pulling with the HDT than you are a pick up truck.

Have fun!

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Archived