Cummins Diesel trucks...........

Kirk W

I click the link. I don't see "Dodge" anywhere. Let me get my glasses... Nope, nothing. Must be AdBlocker stripping off the "Dodge" for me.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Sorry dontrump. I must be going blind. On the link you gave me there is no "2015 Dodge Ram Closeout - Wh............" The link you repeated still has no reference to Dodge!!

Kirk you're talking dealers. We know how much RV dealers don't know so what make you think a RAM dealer knows or cares. Anyway pick from hundreds of dealers. Some may be up to speed. Some may not. Picking a dealer to suit your argument is not very scientific!

Anyway we are getting away from my point. There is NO new Dodge Rams being built.

regards

So are you saying that we will soon see Dodge dealers who only sell automobiles labeled as Dodge/Chrysler and the Ram will go to some other dealership? As of today, the Tyler Dodge dealer is the only place in Tyler to buy a Ram truck, no matter how it happens to be that the company is now organized. At least they still had the Ram trucks on the lot at 3 pm today?

Customer-Photo-Allen-Samuels-Chrysler-Do

Are you saying that we will soon see the Ram truck line sold & serviced by dealers not selling Dodge? As of now, they are still the only place to get warranty work done, as far as I know. I also know that they do want the service work for me on my 2003 Dodge Ram truck.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

No Kirk. RAM is a part of the Chrysler/Fiat empire. I never ever said they weren't. Nor did I imply it. RAM dealers will stay pretty much the same. I only ever pointed out that 'technically' there is no such thing as a Dodge Ram being built theses day. Some folks simply want to read into that something other than what I said.

I suggest everyone go back and read the posts. And don't bother to read what I didn't say into my posts.

Besides the Dodge on that building refers to the 'other' Dodge products such as Chargers. If you want to look at YOUR photo again. You will see what is written on the far right. RAM. Not Dodge Ram. Just RAM. On your logic then the Jeep is also a Dodge!

regards

Anything can happen. Remember when Nissan was Datsun.

Actually, that is an interesting story. It was always Nissan. Nissan wanted to test the American market, but didn't want to risk their reputable world wide Nissan name. So, they came to America in the 60's as Datsun. Once the product caught on, they adopted the company name here that they had been using in the rest of the world.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Ram truck is not a US company and the 2500 diesels and up are made in Mexico.

They are very popular in Texas partly because they are cheaper then Chevy/GMC or Fords.

While many love the Cummins diesel the Rams have had a number of issues other issues over the years,

rear ends, transmissions and front ends to name a few. Until they introduced modern technology and much

reduced the vibration, engine noise and black smoke, my better have wouldn't even look at one. I have also found that the other then US pickups

are higher in price then US trucks. The Toyotas are made in San Antonio and for a comparable pickup, the US makers are better priced.

They were named Datsun in the US because the company, Nissan, was a big Japanese war supplier during WWII and they, the Japanese, didn't

think that the name would go over well in the US with all the returning Vets. It was only as more of the WWII vets died that they went to Nissan.

Ram truck is not a US company and the 2500 diesels and up are made in Mexico.

They are very popular in Texas partly because they are cheaper then Chevy/GMC or Fords.

While many love the Cummins diesel the Rams have had a number of issues other issues over the years,

rear ends, transmissions and front ends to name a few. Until they introduced modern technology and much

reduced the vibration, engine noise and black smoke, my better have wouldn't even look at one. I have also found that the other then US pickups

are higher in price then US trucks. The Toyotas are made in San Antonio and for a comparable pickup, the US makers are better priced.

They were named Datsun in the US because the company, Nissan, was a big Japanese war supplier during WWII and they, the Japanese, didn't

think that the name would go over well in the US with all the returning Vets. It was only as more of the WWII vets died that they went to Nissan.

been working on dodge ford chevy trucks all my life and have yet to see a single brand that don't have rear end, tranny,front end problems at one time or another

lots of truck and truck parts made in mexico

So are you saying that we will soon see Dodge dealers who only sell automobiles labeled as Dodge/Chrysler and the Ram will go to some other dealership? As of today, the Tyler Dodge dealer is the only place in Tyler to buy a Ram truck, no matter how it happens to be that the company is now organized. At least they still had the Ram trucks on the lot at 3 pm today?

Customer-Photo-Allen-Samuels-Chrysler-Do

Are you saying that we will soon see the Ram truck line sold & serviced by dealers not selling Dodge? As of now, they are still the only place to get warranty work done, as far as I know. I also know that they do want the service work for me on my 2003 Dodge Ram truck.

Per your picture this dealer appears to sell four (4) brands: 1-Chrysler, 2-Dodge, 3-Jeep and 4-Ram

Dueling websites! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Trucks

Who was it that said 'never believe what you read on the internet'? And overseas models don't count. Holden Commodores are sold in the USA as Chevy SS. Proves nothing!

Datsun to Nissan wasn't about the US market! It was their export name. Nissan is the parent brand name of Datsun. In the 1980's they changed back to Nissan. It was a world wide thing. I think you'll find the same happened all around the world. Not just the USA.

My apologies to to the OP for side tracking their thread.

regards

Even though the trucks are known as Dodge Ram trucks, they have not had that name since 2009.

Copied from http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/18/business/ram-trucks-gain-on-their-detroit-rivals.html?_r=0

Well you nailed the lid on this subject. I was wrong. Turn out the lights, the parties over.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived