Arizona; two weeks!

Alatlas

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

There are so many things to see in AZ I'm wondering if you mean that you will be going there in two weeks, or is it that you have two weeks to spend in AZ? Also the time of year that you visit is important as parts of it are warm in winter while others have snow and bad roads.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

...March 18, 2016 will be entering Arizona on the Highway #10 from California...

Welcome to the Escapees Forum!!!

Arriving in mid-March, I think you will want to stay at some of the lower elevations. Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument and Buenes Aires National Wildlife Refuge are in the Southwestern part of the state. In the Tucson area are the Saguaro National Monument, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Pima Air and Space Museum, and the Titan Missile Museum. South of Flagstaff In the Sedona/Cottonwood/Camp Verde area are Montezuma Castle and Montezuma Well National Monuments, Tuzigoot National Monument, Palatki and Honaki Ruins, V-Bar-V Heritage Site, Verde Canyon Railroad, Fort Verde State Park, Cathedral Rock, Gold King Mine, Jerome State Historic Park, Schnebly Hill Road, the town of Jerome and the town of Sedona. If you go as far North and as high in elevation as Flagstaff there are Sunset Crater National Monument, Wupatki National Monument, and Walnut Canyon National Monument.

Again, Welcome to the Forum!!!

TrailerTraveler,

Outstanding list! So much to see and do! Thanks for sharing. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

A good place to stay might be the Escapees RV park in Casa Grande. Great friendly folks. Enjoy your travels!

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

A perfect place to stay in March for doing the Tucson area things is at the Saguaro Escapees Rv Park in Benson, AZ about 40 mi east of Tucson along I-10. From there you can easily do Tombstone (more festive on the weekends) and Bisbee. The mine tour in Bisbee is very well done and fun. You don a yellow slicker and helmet with a headlamp, sit on a mine car and enter the mine. Past workers give the tour and they're very knowledgeable. Near Benson is Kartchner Caverns with another wonderful tour. It's a living cave so you'll hear lots of drips. The lighting is superb.

The Benson park has a special of one week with full hookup for $50. See the coupon in the attached link:

http://skpsaguaro.org/special-offers.html

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Archived