Cell/Internet in Canada

Chief 62

Kirk, when we were there in 2014, the commercial parks we stopped in varied. Some you got a little time free, any more a subscription was needed. Several had what I'd call unlimited but most of the time for that you had to go to the laundry etc. We really didn't need the inet traveling thru Canada but a park we were in in Whitehorse had wi-fi. So we were wanting to meet up with some friends in Skagway. I sent 2 emails to them and a 3rd email elsewhere and on the screen came up a message "you have used your free daily 30 minutes, next free session will start 24 hours from now. Or you can come to the office and buy time".

Rogers is the best? Maybe pricing, but definitely not coverage. They're getting better, but have always focused on the high density population centres, at the expense of outlying areas. Beware.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Rogers is the best? Maybe pricing, but definitely not coverage. They're getting better, but have always focused on the high density population centres, at the expense of outlying areas. Beware.

My Travels in Ontario and Nova Scotia . They have performed best for me. Sorry if you feel I am giving misinformation.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

No need to apologize, Gord. Southern Ontario is fairly dense, population-wise, compared to most of western Canada. Most places with road access have reasonable cell coverage, but Rogers is the 3rd place provider in Canada. I didn't mean to come off crass, but was trying to make others aware.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

The advantage of going with T-Mobile up in Canada is that they partner with most of the carriers up there.. and you can switch between them at any given location. It gives you the best overall options for coverage. When we were in NS, Quebec and PEI this month - we were able to connect to six different carriers, finding what was best for us. We like options :)

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Archived