Samsung RF197 door flapper

lenp

Not sure that is the correct name for the flap on the left door but.....

Arrived here at Crystal Beach, TX this afternoon and discovered the flap no longer "flaps" into the correct position to guide it into it's receiver channel when closed. The spring and half of the little plastic piece it connects to was laying on the bottom of the frig. very easy to manually hold the flap in position and get the door closed but need to get it fixed!

Have ordered a new part but not sure how to replace it. Anybody ever replaced one of these? I am sure I can figure it out when the part arrives but any guidance appreciated.

Thanks,

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

when my boy had to return a bad phone I took the back off and there is from memory just one screw that attaches it and it takes less then 5 min. to install. I kept the door for my phone in the future.

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

when my boy had to return a bad phone I took the back off and there is from memory just one screw that attaches it and it takes less then 5 min. to install. I kept the door for my phone in the future.

How did you know he was talking about a phone? I thought this was about a television.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

How did you know he was talking about a phone? I thought this was about a television.

You're both way off base. A Samsung RF197 is a residential refrigerator that was very popular for RV retrofits. We own one, but I don't know the answer to the OP's question.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

On our Samsung Refrigerator the left door needed to be lifted so the tab on the top of the door will fit into the slot. There were 2 clips that were included when we purchased the refrigerator. I installed both clips on the left door, this lifted the door enough to close the flap. Also there is an adjustment with an allen wrench that lifts the door slightly.

Tom

Not sure that is the correct name for the flap on the left door but.....

Arrived here at Crystal Beach, TX this afternoon and discovered the flap no longer "flaps" into the correct position to guide it into it's receiver channel when closed. The spring and half of the little plastic piece it connects to was laying on the bottom of the frig. very easy to manually hold the flap in position and get the door closed but need to get it fixed!

Have ordered a new part but not sure how to replace it. Anybody ever replaced one of these? I am sure I can figure it out when the part arrives but any guidance appreciated.

Thanks,

Lenp

A frig is a refrigerator. :)

George

2011 F350 6.7PSD CC 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41 RSSB4 5th Wheel

Sorry to cause any confusion. YES, it is a residential refrigerator. Parts should be here early next week. Will post how hard/easy it is to install.

Lenp

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Parts arrived today - pretty simple replacement process. If interested I posted a short description with photos on my web page at:

http://rvroamin.com/SamsungRF197/SamsungRF197HingeReplacement.html

I now believe the problem was probably a soda can that fell from a shelf above and hit the protruding portion of the hinge (see first photo). I will have to get some sort of a fence for each of the shelves to prevent it from happening again.

Lenp

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Archived