A journey without adversity..............

rickeieio

... And when all else fails go for a motor sickle ride...

Arrived at Retama Village to find Phil D. waiting at the gate to lead us to our landing pad. He's or host for the next week or so.

While we were getting set up, unloading bikes and such, some crazy guy comes rolling up. Bill B. is here too. Just in time, I might add, as one of our jacks decided not to deploy. Two issues were uncovered in short order. One was a splice in the wire, where the previous owner just twisted the wires together, the other was a sketchy fuse holder, which we will replace with a circuit breaker.

We've been advised that this may not be a good place to ride motorbikes, as the locals are crazy. We'll see. Both BMWs had low batteries, so are on Battery Tenders now. The dual sports will stay on the truck until we get to Big Bend.

Tomorrow will likely be day of stocking up on some things that were overlooked in prepetration for our maiden voyage with this 5er. I left a few essential tools at home, we need a couple of throw rugs, some groceries, etc. I might find time for a ceegar too.

We sure are lucky to be able to come here and meet up with such great folks. Life is good.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Rick,

Say hello to Phil and Kathy for us. They gave us our introduction to HDTs about 6 years ago in Harrisburg, PA. Enjoy the warmer weather!

Jeff

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

So what ARE the rules for Walmart forays during an extended voyage? I know short term requires at least one trip...

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

So what ARE the rules for Walmart forays during an extended voyage? I know short term requires at least one trip...

That's a dilemma for us. We don't go to Walmart. I don't agree with their business model, so I don't set foot inside. Therefore, ethically, I can't use their lot to over night.

I support small, locally owned, businesses, even if it costs me a bit. Sometimes it's difficult to find that small business, as the big box has run them away.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

We will be at Retama on Feb 1. Will you still be there?

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We plan to still be here until Thursday or Friday, if Phil will let us. I'm getting to like not having to go out and scrape windows so I can go turn up the heat at my shop, get all greasy, busting knuckles, etc.

Gotta admit, I'm definitely a fish out of water here. This place is nice, too nice for a farm boy. I can't even smell any cows. But the traffic here is not fun. I rode with Bill B. to the hardware store this morning, then we got the wives and made another sortie for lunch and essentials. The locals must watch u-tube videos of traffic in India for drver's ed.

It would be great to have a mini hdt rally one day. Tuesday afternoon may be a good time.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

We plan to still be here until Thursday or Friday, if Phil will let us.

You're welcome to it for as long as you want to stay. Once you're ready to move to your next destination, the only thing coming in on that lot will be the T2000.

This place is nice, too nice for a farm boy. I can't even smell any cows.

You're only a few hundred yards from cows, so you won't have to walk far if you miss seeing them, but the wind seldom brings the smell into the Village.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

We will be there late on Feb 1 for about two weeks.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

No adversity today. Well, not much. Today was to be pretty much goofing off, walking around, checking out what's for sale at the " open house".

Susan was struggling with trying to pay bills from her phone, so I jumped on a bike and set out to meander the 'hood. Made it all of 8-9 lots down the street and the bike dies. Is there no end? Pushed it back under the awning, with encouragement from BillB., tore into it, and found a blown 4 amp fuse where a 10 should be. Duh.

So, we go for a stroll, ending up sitting with the Bruss's for a while. Another great couple. Then Phil D. and a neighbor came over and we sat under the stars on a perfect evening.

We are blessed, indeed.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

I'm really looking forward to this state of mind they call, "retirement". I think I'll like it.

Tom,

This a trial run for us. All things considered, it's pretty nice.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Archived