Is there any internet source of phone app to locate car washes that can handle a 12'10" RV?

Backpacker

I am in Austin, TX and looking for my first RV wash facility for my new Bounder, which is 12'10" per manufacturer's specs. I just checked out a facility that sells themselves as being able to handle any truck or RV but the fine print says "up to 12' high"

Is there a source I can access via internet that will list car/truck washes locations with a high enough clearance. How do full time RVers find a place to wash when they enter a new town. I am about to be a full timer travelling the western US and Canada.

Blue Beacon is nationwide and actually has an iPhone app so you can find their locations. And of course there are independent truck washes and mobile RV detailers, as noted above. I think you'll find once you get out there that there are plenty of these places, although there may not be one in every small town.

1994 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WB40

Full-timers since 2016, domiciled in Crestview, Florida

Blue Beacon RV wash is not the same as their truck washing procedure. Pricing is right too.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, Blue Beacon doesn't have a facility in the Austin area. I have searched for truck washes and it looks like I will have travel about 30 miles up IH-35 to Georgetown. I will also contact local RV parks to see if they can direct me to a local establishment.

We use a mobile auto / RV operation. The fellow comes out to our house where RV is located and washes rig. We first learned of this service via one of our local RV Parks. Since then we just call him before we hit the road and he comes out and takes care of the rig. Excellent service and very convenient. There should be many such operations in just about any town anywhere. Ask some of the local RVers for recommendations. Good luck. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

The closest Blue Beacon to you is down in San Antonio. I Googled "Austin Texas truck wash" and got three hits but I know nothing about any of them. Sorry, that's the best I can do for you.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived