window 10 mirroring

rynosback

I can not seem to get it to work. I have a couple of times but there does not seem to be a sure dependable way to make it work.

I have a netbook running windows 10 and a Samsung smart TV. The TV have it listed as approved and it shows up under projector in my settings. But still can not make it work.

Any Ideas?

My next step was maybe trying to hard wire it. Plug into the mini htmi to the TVs htmi.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I just hard wire. I've found that even with both TV and computer equipped with the right hardware, that without a Miracast dongle, it is even iffier. My solution has been to use wireless keyboard and mouse/touchpad, and have the device HDMI wired.

I also use a Fire TV more now for content than my computers or tablets. My Windows Surface Pro tablet is great with good headphones to watch whatever with an amazing'y good HD picture, and the sound on Bose headsets completes it.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Ever since our Samsung Smart TV's stoped working with live streaming using flash and cannot use the HTL5 (sp)? with Linux we just hard wire via HDMI and switch source input on the TV to HDMI 2 and run it through the laptop. I wish Samsung would do a firmware up date for the Linux OS that they use for the flash replacement. This problem with Samsung will keep me from ever buying another smart TV from Samsung. Even the new 4K curved Samsung TV have not fixed this OS problem.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Dennis,

I have a new 4k Smart TV, a Vizio M65 from 2015. It uses a Yahoo interface that is less than what I prefer. The full size Fire TV with the remote you can talk to instead of type is very good. But for the regular Apps like You Tube, Netflix, and Amazon Prime, the TV is fine alone. If you don't have a 4k UHD TV there should be a lot of old first generation Fire TV units for sale used cheap SOON. I use my old non 4k Fire TV on this 27" quad HD desktop now.

For a really good HTPC keyboard I still recommend the Logitech K-400. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r I've seen it on sale recently for $19.95. If you look at the picture there is a left mouse button at the very top left corner. That is so you can work the touch-pad with your right hand, and hold the left button down for dragging etc., or click without doing hand contortions. Then when you are doing a lot of typing, the touchpad is out of the way of errant heel or hand activation while typing. It is a brilliant design. For my desktop I prefer full size. The K-400 is for both use with the TV connected to my Surface Pro, and as the travel keyboard for the surface Pro. The USB receiver is the Logitech Unifying receiver. You download the software, then use it to add as many as 6 Logitech devices. I don't like the keyboard that came with my desktop, so I have a Logitech mouse and a different Logitech keyboard both connect to the unifying receiver. Again the keyboard is not my first choice as my all the time kb. But for compact uses, mobile and HTPC, it's the best compromise to me.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

RV

Thanks

Other than the flash issues that Samsung will not fix now we love our Samsung's. I was really surprised when my sister got a new 4K Curved 65 inch Samsung and it still had the same old problem with flash as my 60 and 40 inch plus here 55 in Samsung had. When ever adobe made some type of change to flash the Linux OS that Samsung uses causes the picture to just keep flashing when we are live streaming our church service from Hi every Sunday. Our church live streams all 5 of there weekend service. Now I just do the HDMI cable thing. Our church also streams in the new HTML5(?) format but the Samsung Linux OS does not receive it I guess.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

I had one cheap Vizio 22" for a computer monitor and hated the picture. Then I read this year that the M65 (65") Vizio has most of the features of their P series. I was researching for a 4k 65" best buy this past Black Friday and we prepared by selling our 58" Panasonic Plasma in early October an using our 40" RV TV, regular LED, went to AVS forums for the latest and read that the Vizio M series was the top rated best buy for 2015! They sold out at the Black Friday prices and I thought I was going to have to pay several hundred more when Amazon came up with them and I ordered one before they sold out too, which they did.

Here's the AVS Forum review: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2094434-vizio-m65-c1-led-lcd-uhdtv-official-avs-forum-review.html

I had owned one Samsung 1080p 52" big screen LED and one Panasonic 1080p 58" Plasma, both ordered online on Black Friday 5 years apart or so. This time I found to get the same top line features I'd have to buy better than the Samsung 6400 series and they were several hundred higher than the Vizio. Here's the thread at AVS I was following after they had a reviewer give it top marks over all but the ones $500 more from the other manufacturers. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/197-lcd-flat-panel-great-found-deals/2216370-vizio-m-series-deals.html It was crazy! I missed Dell and TigerDirect too at under 1200.

Read the first link above and you'll see why I gave them a shot. Very happy with it. I was superior to my Plasma out of the box which no regular 1080p LED could do. Look hard and heavy at Vizio M and if they bring them back the P series. I do not like their E series and lower series despite the full array LED. But their M is astounding, has a great upscaling engine, the dedicated 4k Hardware and 4k HDMI inputs, 2 of them! I only lowered the judder as in the article. I do need to get a new calibration Blu-ray this time. The DVD calibration disk was OK for the first one in 2005. BTW, I got $450.00 for our perfect 58" Plasma, 5 years old. So I am total under $850 new cash for the new one.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

RV

Looked at the Amazon Fire 4K box on Amazon $99.99. My question is how does this handle live streaming that is streaming via either flash or HTML5. Does it receive flash/HTML5 like a laptop and is inputted to the smart TV via HDMI just like I am now doing with my laptop? Because Adobe stopped flash support for CE devices and the web browsers that Samsung uses does not support HTML5 I am forced to hook up my laptop via HDMI cable every Sunday to watch on the big screen smart TV , which no longer does what I bought them for.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Dennis,

No the Fire will not search for a website. I would suggest you borrow one and see if their stream is under a supported domain.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Archived