Hotspot?

sprehoda

Have you actually tried tethering your phones? I abandoned my Millenicom Pantech 4g mifi after getting two Pantech phones with tethering capability. In my experience, the phones are not nearly as dependable as the mifi was. They will slow down or drop the signal much more often than the mifi ever did. The phones do not like a 1X connection and will usually not connect at all while with the mifi I could at least do email and other things that did not require a fast connection. I would try tethering your phones and see how that works before ditching the mifi unless cost is the only factor you are looking at.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

Physical tethering, or using phone as hotspot?

Not sure who you are asking, but in my experience with my Pantech phones, they were even worse used as a hotspot than when tethered. They would slow down or drop the connection much more often when used as a hotspot then when tethered.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

We each have an I-phone and shared data from AT&T and it has worked very well for us. While we usually use them via phone hotspots, on occasions I have tethered via wire if the phone battery was low. Really hard to detect any difference in how they work.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We had the Verizon Jetpak for a couple of years. A few months ago we canceled the Jetpak to save the extra $20 per month on our phone bill and just use our smartphones as a hotspot now. The smartphone hotspot has actually been better and faster than the Jetpack was. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

Archived