East Coast Rally Update

SuiteSuccess

Carl;

Walking wounded is slowing me down a bit - rotator cuff - and Paula has a procedure coming up tomorrow, but we're absolutely going to be there. Looking foreward to seeing everyone again.

Paul & Paula

Great. Looking forward to it. Kim sent me an updated list last night and there are already 41 tentative conformations. I told her you, Al and several others would more than likely be there so put them on the list for a site. I think you had asked last year for the same site 333 so I think she is holding that. You may want to give her a call and let her know your plans so she will lock it in. It looks like we may well break 50 rigs this year, the largest ECR to date. We are in the teens as far as new attendees with several just "testing the water" about purchasing an HDT which is wonderful. Kim is building several new sites by the bath house and lengthening several of the shorter sites in the "A" loop. We do have the "B" loop as overflow with several pull throughs there, but she has assured me, she will accomodate as many as want to come. They were going to begin construction on the "B" loop pavilion but with our huge increase in volume, was felt the improvement in present sites and building of new took priority. We are discussing alternatives to using the other pavilion but will do so if necessary, although she has thoughts on alternatives. Donna & I are continuing our efforts to make this enjoyable for all but if I begin slobbering and become incoherent by the end of the rally, please have sympathy.:)

I would also re-emphasize to those that haven't contacted Kim at Deer Run and think they may attend to at least make contact for tentative reservations so as plans get closer she can make strategic decisions. Her number is 931-484-3333 and tell her you are with the East Coast HDT Rally. She is very accomodating about cancellations and refunds if you find you can't attend.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our registration will be mailed today. Site 306

Looking forward to it!

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Carl, I noticed that you were talking about registrations. Do I have to register with you or is my registration for the site all I need? Sounds like a great week. Thanks for all you are doing. Pat

The Old Sailor

Carl, I noticed that you were talking about registrations. Do I have to register with you or is my registration for the site all I need? Sounds like a great week. Thanks for all you are doing. Pat

The Old Sailor

Pat,

I just do the rally registrations, so you need to do a separate site registration with Deer Run. Look at page one my first post and the second link is the rally registration. The first link is to talk with Deer Run. I had thought about trying to do both but it was just too cumbersome since we typically have a number of folks who confirm then have to cancel and trying to process refunds is just too much work. For convenience here is what you need to send me http://eastcoasthdtrally.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2016-East-Coast-HDT-Rally-Registration-Form-2pg.pdf

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Carl. What is the deadline for reg? Not the shirts

Bill

Actually no deadline. People can register and pay the rally fee on Saturday April 9 starting at 1:00 pm if they show up and have a site. We will never turn anyone away that wishes to attend. This year there is no late arrival assessment. What we have tried to do is bring more organization to the rally by requesting a written, formal registration like the National Rally. As Gail & Steve Dixon will tell you, organizing these rallies doesn't involve a few hours or a few days, but months of preparation even though the end result may look simple. I'm not looking for sympathy, just trying to make that job easier and that's what preregistration does so I can have name tags already printed, schedules available, supplies purchased. After March 20 anyone pre-registering and requesting a refund will have a $10 withhold from the refund to cover expenditures already made on expectation of their arrival. T-shirts will be ordered March 7 so I have to have those pre-purchases in hand by that date.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Thanks Carl. For sure we all appreciate you guys looking after all of us!! Looking fwd to seeing everyone

Bill

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Thanks Carl. For sure we all appreciate you guys looking after all of us!! Looking fwd to seeing everyone

Bill

X2

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Carl, I got the registration and will get it in the mail ASAP. Thanks Again for all of your help. Pat

The Old Sailor

No problem. See you in April.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl, Just mailed the registration. You should see it next week. That might be depending upon how much snow we see. Looking forward to meeting everyone we see on the Forum. This will be our first Rally since 2010 here at the beach. I believe there were 24 rigs here. Pat's Pride is having starting/battery issues. I'll check it out when we get a little warmer.Next week they say. It's always something. Thanks for all the help and we'll see you in April. Pat

The Old Sailor

Pat, buzz,

Really looking forward to meeting you. Hope you have some fun and learn something along the way .

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl, our registration and shirt orders are in the mail. See you in April assuming the snow melts in time.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Carl, our registration and shirt orders are in the mail. See you in April assuming the snow melts in time.

Dave

Dave, that's why shovels were invented. Just kidding, stay warm and safe and see you in April. BTW took one of your suggestion and going to do a short talk on RVing and Weather. Got some interesting data from Texas Tech Wind Research Facility and other institutes.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl, Weather sounds like a good topic for discussion. Is there a military base w/a campground that is about 1/2 way between Chesapeake Va. and the ECR. How about a Passport America that is big rig friendly? Any ideals or suggestions will be helpful. Is there anyone leaving from this area that would want to run with us? If not real close maybe we could meet some where and run the rest of the way. Just an idea. Always open for ideas. Pat

The Old Sailor

Pat,

Don't know about military bases with campgrounds but this link will take you to the HDT campground guide. You will see there are several compatable ones on the way to Crossville.

http://www.hhrvcampgrounds.com/

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Buzz,

What part of the Charlotte area are you leaving from? I go through Charlotte en-route to/from TN on a pretty regular basis, and I-85/US 74 to I-26 to Asheville is the normal route. Depending on fuel prices, the 10 or so extra miles to take I-85 to Spartanburg and I-26 sometimes also makes sense. The I-40/I-77 interchange is undergoing a major re-do, replacing a 1960s cloverleaf with a 3-level stack.

There are a few traffic lights on US74 in/near Shelby, but the road is four lanes all the way to I-26--much of it with 70mph speed limits--and a new section just opened a few months ago bypassing a couple of smaller towns.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

I live in an RV park beside Charlotte Motor Speedway. we are a couple miles from 85 off Bruton Smith Blvd.

We plan on leaving the morning of the 9th between 8 and 9. I have never been and google says 6 1/2 hours so that should give us plenty of time t get there and set up. Planning 85 to 77 to 40.

Pat, if you are leaving on the 7th, won't that put you at Deer Run on the 8th? what are you going to do that evening? Possible I could leave a day early too.

Pat, Buzz,

There will be several of us that will be in Crossville early so come on if you choose. We can start the " pre-rally rally."

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived