Fabrication Disease

bmzero

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

So, how did you make out with the voting?

About like I figured. I refused to cheat and for that reason, I ended up second. First place was literally hundreds of votes out front. That's another conversation for some point in the future.

However, 2nd place was good enough for me to get to keep the RZR as the prize. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I now get to keep this machine, free and clear. It's almost like I won the lottery.

I owe a lot of that to each of you who took time out of your day to cast a vote. I'm very appreciative of that. I'm going to try to bring this machine out to ECR so you guys can see it.

Thanks again for the help.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Any chance of a factory "Limited-Edition-Zero" production model??

Drive on......(With a BIG.....smile)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

About like I figured. I refused to cheat and for that reason, I ended up second. First place was literally hundreds of votes out front. That's another conversation for some point in the future.

However, 2nd place was good enough for me to get to keep the RZR as the prize. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I now get to keep this machine, free and clear. It's almost like I won the lottery.

I owe a lot of that to each of you who took time out of your day to cast a vote. I'm very appreciative of that. I'm going to try to bring this machine out to ECR so you guys can see it.

Hi Brit,

That would be real cool to see your machine. I know at the time I will have a lot of questions. I am planning to have my rzr with me.

See you in April,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Any chance of a factory "Limited-Edition-Zero" production model??

Drive on......(With a BIG.....smile)

Funny you ask. That was my intention with this build as soon as I saw the large amount of interest in it. I changed the marketing pitch early on to suggest that if the interest was large enough that Polaris may want to do a limited edition version of it. I actually got invited to bring it to the Polaris dealer show in Nashville, so I hope that's the first step in getting that done.

What I would really like to do is what SCA Performance (http://www.scaperformance.com/) does, but for Polaris. That would give me more freedom to build what the public wants than if it had to go back onto the assembly line and through the Polaris lawyers.

Hi Brit,

That would be real cool to see your machine. I know at the time I will have a lot of questions. I am planning to have my rzr with me.

See you in April,

Al

Sounds good, Al. I'll see you there.

Okay so do we get to sign up for time to use it then??

I'm thinking I would like to sign up for Oct-April??

Okay so do we get to sign up for time to use it then??

I'm thinking I would like to sign up for Oct-April??

Absolutely. You can signup for anytime you would like. :D

Now, actually using it might be a different story.

Sorry to hear that you didn't, but Integrity and honesty are great values to keep.

And you got a cool ride out of it, plus it got your name out in the general riding public as well.

I agree completely. In the end, if you compare the prize for 1st place and the prize for 2nd place, it's hard to argue who the real winner was. :D

I am overwhelmed with the response from this build. I have two guys lined up as the first customers for ExpeditionUTV already. They both want duplicates of this one. I did not intend on creating a UTV upfitter business, but it seems to have ended up that way. Just what I needed, something else to do.

Brit, You sure built a great looking machine. You got my vote several times. Looking forward to seeing and meeting you and that super prize ride. When do you think you'll get to the Rally? Until the ECR let the stinger burn! Pat

The Old Sailor

I did not intend on creating a UTV upfitter business, but it seems to have ended up that way. Just what I needed, something else to do.

I know that feeling--but there are far worse things that you could be stuck doing.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Brit, You sure built a great looking machine. You got my vote several times. Looking forward to seeing and meeting you and that super prize ride. When do you think you'll get to the Rally? Until the ECR let the stinger burn! Pat

The Old Sailor

I appreciate you taking the time to cast the votes. I will probably get there that Saturday morning. It's only about 4 hours from home. I'll probably try to get on the road on Friday after work and make it to Chattanooga for the evening. Walmart camping!

I know that feeling--but there are far worse things that you could be stuck doing.

Very true.

Archived