Fabrication Disease

bmzero

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it.

We got passed in the voting today. I think it has now transformed from a build off to a popularity contest. Some of these media companies have over a million followers on FB. Going to be an uphill fight.

It's no longer about the build anymore...

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

well .... no matter what, i do think that hardtop could be popular here with the folks that do not want a Smart :P

not really a fan of the ride height (portal axles on a imho already too tall UTV .... really?!?)

.... but i do like yours still better then all the others and will vote again

" Diamonds R 4 ever " driver.gif

"class of`95" Pete 379 "Toterhome": Cummins N14, Super10, single axle, 278" WB, 162" sleeper ... sold
current project; 1952 Diamond T, Cummins 8.3l @ 375hp/ 800ft lbs
, single axle, 239" WB, 1954 Spartan 137" air ride sleeper ....

full timing in a 39 foot "sticks & staples POS" Toyhauler (planing to build an all aluminum 42-45 foot replacement soon) ...

well .... no matter what, i do think that hardtop could be popular here with the folks that do not want a Smart :P

not really a fan of the ride height (portal axles on a imho already too tall UTV .... really?!?)

.... but i do like yours still better then all the others and will vote again

Thanks, Rooster.

I appreciate your kind words, I think. :D

This vehicle would not be an option for anyone with a HDT that wanted to carry it on the deck. It's way, way too large.

My next build will be with the new Polaris General. It's build off of the RZR-S chassis. The S will fit on the truck. I'm hopeful the General will as well.

I did a photo shoot for KC HiLiTES last night, well actually until 3AM this morning. Here's one of the photos.

c22004a7-b8a7-4c86-808e-236dfa5af3cc-b.j

That is a great looking photo. I really like your design.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Cool photo. Don't know if I'd be into a UTV as I've never been on one, but I know two of my triplets (the boys) would! Anyway looks like you're crushing it today vote-wise. I'm sure we'll keep it up and get you there.

Chad are you in Birmingham the next couple of weeks? I have to do a day in Ft; Payne in a week or two. Would love to take an hour to say hello and see your work. I have a design concept I'd like to share with you. -Steve

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

Cool photo. Don't know if I'd be into a UTV as I've never been on one, but I know two of my triplets (the boys) would! Anyway looks like you're crushing it today vote-wise. I'm sure we'll keep it up and get you there.

Chad are you in Birmingham the next couple of weeks? I have to do a day in Ft; Payne in a week or two. Would love to take an hour to say hello and see your work. I have a design concept I'd like to share with you. -Steve

Thanks, Steve. Don't knock it until you try it! UTV's are basically go-karts on steroids. They're familiar to drive, but have a great power to weight ratio and very effective suspension performance. They're a lot of fun.

Were you asking about me being in Birmingham (I'm Brit)? If so, yes, I'll be there. Let me know when you're coming through.

Sorry 'bout the name mix-up. Will do. Not knocking UTV's, just never got a chance to try one. I race a TAG Italkart with a Parilla Leopard. I'm sure the UTV's are a riot. Been on a few ATV's but they are crude by comparison.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

Gibson exhaust did a feature video on the RZR. I thought you guys might like to see it.

Thanks again for the voting support. I still have a decent lead even though second place gave away product for a few days before Polaris put an end to it.

Voting link - Polaris Facebook Page.

Thanks for posting the video, that was cool!

Glad you like it.

This contest is very odd. I get tons of likes, shares, comments, etc all day long, but overall we have very few votes in the contest. I think people are just not clicking the vote buttons.

Either way, I'm very happy with the RZR and how it turned out. I'm looking forward to growing the "expedition" segment of the UTV industry.

I'm picking up a Polaris General tomorrow. It will be the next expedition build, but that has to wait until after I finish up the bed kit for the truck. Too many things going on right now.

general-1000-eps-deluxe-orange-burst-sma

bmzeo, I hit the link to vote and the screen just went white. Nothing. What did I not do? Pat

The Old Salior

Thanks, Pat.

I have heard similar stories. It may work if you try again later. The voting application Polaris chose to use lacks a lot to be desired.

Yep same problem I'll try later.

Looks like 2nd place is only( 57 votes) behind Come on guys and gals let's help Brit out it only takes a minute.

Maybe you need to be logged in to your Facebook account before clicking the link. Just a thought.

The voting has taken a swing. The guy currently in the lead took a huge jump over the weekend in just a couple of hours. Seemed out of the ordinary.

I'm not going to do anything questionable to get votes, but I am going to reconnect with the places I have posted the build. If you guys have a spare few seconds and have a Facebook account, please click the link below and cast a vote for Brit Mansell.

Vote here - Polaris RZR Facebook Page

I also just got a huge "care package" from ARB. These guys make great product for the off road industry. I'm very happy to have them involved. Their product is sitting on a roof rack/camp table that will share some design queues with a couple of products I am working on for the HDT market. More on that later, but here's a preview.

5a801409-366f-4a4a-879d-0f72af53d2cb-s.j

Just a heads up, tried to vote from my wife's phone thru her FB account. The show and shine page kept jumping to someone's build/vote link. It wouldn't let me open any other builder.

That's odd, but not surprising. This voting application they chose has been suspect from the beginning. Thanks for letting me know.

Sorta like the good ole days voting in the "Windy City", you can vote for anyone.........but a Daley always won for some reason......

Drive on..........(Vote? ....heck just control the software....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Thanks for the effort trying to vote. There are definitely some issues with the voting application they're using.

If you're on a desktop computer and logged in to your Facebook account, this link should be working - https://www.facebook.com/PolarisRZR?sk=app_937291636357553.

I loaded everything up for a short test run over the weekend. It worked great, although the trailer is a little heavier than I would like. Maybe I need a HDT-RZR. :D

Voting is over on the 4th. I can't wait to be done with this so I can get back on my bed kit. Lots of idea floating around in my head.

ProjectXPD-Polaris-RZR-XP-Turbo-1.jpg

ProjectXPD-Polaris-RZR-XP-Turbo-2.jpg

Looks like you are back on top, Sir!

Yes, but after one of the other vehicles made a miraculous 50 vote jump in the middle of the night, it's a close race again. Trying to win honestly might be a losing strategy, which I'm fine with. I would rather lose honestly.

Archived