Microsoft agrees to grandfather some OneDrive users if they ask for it

docj

Last month Microsoft had announced a restructuring of their OneDrive storage offerings including a rather dramatic reduction in the free storage allowance. Yesterday it backed off on these changes to the extent that existing customers could be grandfathered into their 15GB free storage allotment (instead of the new 5GB free storage) but only if they asked to be grandfathered before the end of January 2016. How to request your grandfathered storage allotment is discussed in this article: http://www.computerworld.com/article/3014572/cloud-storage/microsoft-apologizes-for-riling-onedrive-users-restores-some-free-storage-space-on-request.html

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Since I am a Office 365Home user, 1TB of OneDrive isn't bad.

I'm also an Office 365 Home user, but 1.015TB is better than 1.0TB! You never know when those extra 15GB will come in handy! :D

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Well, I visited the website, read the software agreement. It says you must agree to give access to your contacts list. I didn't see a way to opt-out of that. What did I miss?

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived