insurance problem

GlennWest

So, get converted to a MH title first, then worry about singling/bed/etc. As I mentioned in post #4, Lazy Days was easy to work with, but I had a MH title.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Glenn,

I am also going through the same thing with my 2010 Volvo. I have removed the commercial fifth wheel (required by Ohio) and I do not have plans to single right away. CU needed proof of insurance right away so I bought 6 months on a commercial policy ($794) to satisfy them. When my MH title comes back, I'll convert it and they said they would apply the balance to my new policy. Just one of the hoops we have to jump through to do what we do.

I'm still waiting for my converted title from the BMV. CU sent it in almost 6 weeks ago and told me it sometimes take 6-8 weeks to come back. Meanwhile, I can't drive it because my temp plate expired.

If I had known, I would have figured out a way to pay cash, change the title then surrender it for my loan but live and learn. Good Luck with yours.

The fly in the ointment is the registration, get the registration resolved. You have to get the registration resolved regardless, so the sooner you get it resolved the quicker you can move forward.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Thanks everyone. It is insured now. I did say too much. My agent at Twin Peaks RV insured as a motorhome on my Teton policy. I can drive it some as truck as I explained it will be only truck I have and may use as stand alone Motorhome occasionally. Said no problem. I never mentioned singling or converting this time. Just bought truck and need insurance. Will be titled and registered as motorhome in Texas in next few weeks. No problem. That is a big relief.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I'm glad to hear that you've resolved that problem, Glenn. Things should get easier from here.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Archived