My Christams present. A UPS saga.

bruce t

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SWharton that's not really possible. They have 'funny' rules about packages. "If not picked up within 10 days it will be returned to sender". A half hour on the phone and a visit to the post office yesterday couldn't get around their darn rule.

However if we know when it gets delivered to the local PO we can contact Aust PO and they can start a new 10 day period.

So we shall see. By the way the parcel is worth a few hundred dollars so we ain't talking peanuts.

regards

With all the security threats at the moment I'm scared defense may just shoot anything down. However I believe Santa flies in over northern Australia so he may be able to sneak in passed radars.

But then thinking about it birds, don't show up on radar so would reindeer?

Anyway since when has Santa had to go through customs?

since when has Santa had to go through customs?

He never used to but with all of the terrorist furor that may have changed. I take it then that you don't think that he was the one who sent your present via UPS?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Well an update on my UPS problem. I got my package yesterday, finally. Took it 4 days to go 250 miles. Actually only took it a little over a day to make that distance, but UPS held it in one location for almost 3 days without sending it on it's way. Still waiting to hear from the seller.

Bruce, sorry your situation has gone so far "south" for you. MERRY CHRISTMAS though.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Kirk we have already traveled 2200 kilometers south. Not fun. Temps in the 110+ range. Poor Jeep, poor navigator and poor me. 4 days of driving fun! NOT.

My next move is to call the contractor, whoever they may be, and see if I can do a trace on the parcel. What annoys me more than anything is that I paid extra for express delivery. Now if I had have done normal delivery it would have been quicker!!!

Oh well.

An update. A trace on my parcel indicates that it has now been delivered!! No it hasn't.

Santa has obviously been tasting too much eggnog.

The thing is that I'm now 2000miles from home. So sorting this out will be just as complicated as the parcel getting here in the first place.

We can put a man on the moon. Invent the internet. Build fancy RVs. But we are still getting our packets via pony express!!!

An update. A trace on my parcel indicates that it has now been delivered!! No it hasn't.

Santa has obviously been tasting too much eggnog.

The thing is that I'm now 2000miles from home. So sorting this out will be just as complicated as the parcel getting here in the first place.

We can put a man on the moon. Invent the internet. Build fancy RVs. But we are still getting our packets via pony express!!!

Australia put a man on the moon? Wow, I missed that one. :)

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

chirakawa you certainly take things literally. WE as in man kind. sheez. Now I guess you'll say we didn't have a pony express either. To save you the effort, no we didn't.

A couple of facts that may interest you though. Without Australia's input man wouldn't have landed on the moon. Parks was a critical communications link. Still is. A second fact that may be of interest, without Australia's CSIRO the internet would not have happened when it did. The CSIRO were the folks who solved the riddle that hindered the original idea. Only recently the courts awarded the CSIRO their slice of the financial pie.

And don't tell me there isn't a Santa. Because I saw him yesterday down at the mall.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah huh! Only took 34 days! So much for express delivery. But all's well that ends well.

Oh and you all want to know what it was that was stressing me? Well for many many years we were in the model railroad industry. Even took it up as a hobby. Well after a 20 absence I was 'encouraged' to take up the hobby once again. So for Christmas I purchased a nice shiny new loco online. So all my excitement was over just a 'silly toy'!!!!!!!

Choo choo.

for many many years we were in the model railroad industry. Even took it up as a hobby.

Ah, man! Don't tempt me. We recently sold the last of our train stuff. Dave still goes to several operating sessions each month but we no longer own any equipment of our own. Helping others set up their signal systems is helping Dave resist temptation but I still draw a track plan every now and then just to help me see how little we would like what we can do in our current apartment. But, we are not going to buy another big basement--comes with too many hassles attached to it. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

OK just to annoy you!!!! :)

I only have a 12x2 ft On30 layout. More than enough space to waste many hours.

RVers could even indulge themselves while on the road. Now there's thought!

I use to say with a toy hauler replace the bed that lowers in the rear and have a train layout, but was not sure with the bounce going down the road how it would hold up

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

I have always wanted to build a huge train layout. Never go a round tuit, BUT, an iPad Pro and Tainz Driver app is keeping me busy!

Very nice setup I feel. Lots of free routes, etc. and there are sessions you can purchase giving you hours of fun working with trains.

Dana

OK just to annoy you!!!! :)

I only have a 12x2 ft On30 layout. More than enough space to waste many hours.

RVers could even indulge themselves while on the road. Now there's thought!

If we could settle for a small switching layout it would be doable. But we have all those operating friends who want to come play at our house and we just can't get something big enough in here to satisfy them. But we did think about building an N scale layout in the compartment under the bed in our former Class A motorhome. And we did visit operating friends as we traveled around the country. If you are interested in knowing more about what we designed/built in the past follow this link: http://www.sandsys.org

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I received a package sent from a friend in China to my temporary RV resort in less than a week even with changing the address from my Escapees Livingston address, which she put on the label, to my Florida RV park. I did the address change online after it was shipped. Who was the shipper? DHL. I think that DHL is the best at international shipping.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Archived