Camco 11673 Hot Water Hybrid Heat Kit

coachmac9

Thanks to you folks I now have the option of using electricity or gas to heat our water. I had no clue that this was product existed...I received it from Amazon on Friday and installed it today. I would recommend this product if you are going to go this route. The directions are super simple to follow and easy to read and all the components are made of the best material and everything fits perfectly. I like to give a company credit when they do a great job making a product, it seems like those companies are few and far between these days!!! This is a fantastic product and easy to install.

Not really anything new. Problem is if you remove the anode in your water heater to install the electric element, you no longer have anode protection for your water heater. Thanks for the heads up though.

George

2011 F350 6.7PSD CC 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41 RSSB4 5th Wheel

Not really anything new. Problem is if you remove the anode in your water heater to install the electric element, you no longer have anode protection for your water heater.

This is an important consideration, if you have a Suburban water heater. The Atwood uses an aluminum tank and has no anode, but could have electrolysis issues with the device also since it normally uses a plastic drain plug. I have known more than one owner of either brand water heater who used the electric kits, including the "Hot Rod" and the "Lightning Rod" ones. It is difficult to know if it impacts the life of the water heater tank or not.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Not really anything new. Problem is if you remove the anode in your water heater to install the electric element, you no longer have anode protection for your water heater. Thanks for the heads up though.

It was new to us and just wanted to share about the quality of the product for the other newbies out there that don't know this is an option.

Archived