OUCH! This Hurts.....

RandyA

Dirt, we are with Randy in Florida and he has been a real trooper with his finger...hardly slowed him down. He had pins removed Tues and physical therapy Wed. Out of habit, he may always hold that little finger out like the sophisticated ladies drinking tea......gives him an aura of refinement. Are you going to be at the ECR ? Be safe. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a update request. How are you doing Randy?

I found a doctor here in Melbourne FL that accepted me as a patient. He booked me into the surgery center a few weeks back and removed the pins, I then started rehab at a local hand center. The doctor discharged me Monday but the X-ray showed the fracture healed crooked making the tip of the finger turn upward. It is kinda funny looking since I still have no fingernail and the left part of the tip died and dropped off way back leaving an indentation on the left side of the tip. The good news is I can manage to make a full fist and hold a fishing rod - so life is once again good. Thanks for asking :) .

Henry - you know Charlie and I are just a hop-skip and jump away from you. We still have time to raid your garage if you feel up to it.

BTW - found some really nice used tires at the Kennedy Space Center off of the space shuttle Atlantis. But, alas, they are 21.5 and I need 22.5

tire.jpg

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Wouldn't work on my truck, no tread, load range probably the same as my ex's bra size.

I didn't want to say earlier but in my case when things didn't go well for my fingers, they cut one back and flipped the skin up and over. Lotsa fun.

I'll e-mail you when I get back in the area. Truck is in Orlando, trailer is in Indian River for bearing pack while I'm up in Victoria on family issues. Return on the 24th Feb. There are 4 or 5 days in between builds.

Also will be in Melbourne on the 9th march for Moody Blues concert.

I found a doctor here in Melbourne FL that accepted me as a patient. He booked me into the surgery center a few weeks back and removed the pins, I then started rehab at a local hand center. The doctor discharged me Monday but the X-ray showed the fracture healed crooked making the tip of the finger turn upward. It is kinda funny looking since I still have no fingernail and the left part of the tip died and dropped off way back leaving an indentation on the left side of the tip. The good news is I can manage to make a full fist and hold a fishing rod - so life is once again good. Thanks for asking :) .

Henry - you know Charlie and I are just a hop-skip and jump away from you. We still have time to raid your garage if you feel up to it.

BTW - found some really nice used tires at the Kennedy Space Center off of the space shuttle Atlantis. But, alas, they are 21.5 and I need 22.5

tire.jpg

Randy, I will try to accommodate Charlie's need before surgery and would love to see both of you guys. Don't know if surgery will proceed as scheduled. Bad things were happening besides the knees and after few more sessions with the medical profession they finally nailed it, polymyalgia rheumatica. Pretty common among the 70 year olds so it arrived on schedule. Now the question is whether the treatment for that will screw up the prep for the surgery, should know this week.

Nasty crap to have, lost almost 40 pounds, only some of it gut that needed to go.

My gosh, Henry. You will be in our prayers. If things work out give us a call. We are here until March 1.

40 pounds - that is a lot. Not the way we want to loose weight.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Test

https://goo.gl/photos/dgviaAoHoSFfaRB98

Screwing around with Google Photos, yeah they already yanked all of my photos and albums from Picassa. So far I don't see the links to insert photos directly into posts other than url like above. Any wisdom out there, apparently they are trying to kill Picassa, but without the posting features in Picassa it's garbage.

You can click on the image in your link, then right-click and "Copy Image Location" to link to the image directly. But that's somewhat useless information--I can paste the link in here on the forum, and it shows the preview, but the link doesn't terminate in a format the software will accept here (even though it's clearly able to read and preview the image).

I haven't looked, but are all of the old Picasa links now broken? I know I've used it to post a number of guides on various forums--it would really suck if those are all now useless. Especially forums like this one that lock threads after a certain period of time.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Any and All I just finished a project on a 1990 Pete and would like to share some pictures but I have no clue as to how to accomplish that. Randy we did it in my shop. It was interesting to say the least. Any help or ideas is sure appreciated. Thanks, Pat

The Old Sailor

I would suggest using a free picture hosting service. I use, and like, the Google service. If you have a Gmail address (own any android device) then you should already have an account set up.

Microsoft also has free picture hosting.

If you do not like or have Google capability then you can look at the other free photo services. Photobucket seems popular.

Once you upload your pictures into an album you can get a link to that album and post that link in the forum. Then everyone can simply go and view your photo album. Great for friends and family as well.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

What rots my socks is that the "new"(?) Google Photo either hasn't matured yet complete or they released a "preemie" which needs to spend some serious time in the incubator.

They moved all of my photos and albums from Picasa to Google photo so they are all there I can pull them up and share "something" and they do have a function on each photo to get a link just like in Picasa.

Post%252520picture%252520from%252520Pica

But when you open the link,

you only get the link, you do not get any of the functions for Embedding the image directly into the post.

I know Photobucket has that functionality, I had, probably still have, and account on that site, but it would be a real pain in the rear to move over fifty albums and well over 1,000 pictures from Picasa which I share.

Just disgusted and venting!!!

Archived