OUCH! This Hurts.....

RandyA

Randy, I just saw the picture and read the story. I sure hope that things are getting better. I PM'd Hope you got it. Are you still in Fla or back in the big R? Do what the doctor tells you to do. Remember there is plenty of medicine that is at least 80 proof. The next time we see each other I'll share some with you. With this finger problem are you going to the ECR? Please take care and get better!! Pat

The Old Sailor

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sucks!

Gimp.jpg

Henry..........come on get that basket Full of light bulbs.......FILL that basket......while your in rehab you could start the "trend" to get this stock market back UP out of the funk it's in........we ARE depending on you.....

So does this mean the you get Rock-Star-Parking in the handicap-parking zones with the Volvo ? ?

Drive on..........(Electro-carts are great .............geezermobiles)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

All of the sudden jokes about gimps are no longer so funny. The knees pretty much gave out. Replacements are scheduled to be "installed" last week of February.

Could be worse.......You could be in the "Depends" aisle....... :o

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

All of the sudden jokes about gimps are no longer so funny. The knees pretty much gave out. Replacements are scheduled to be "installed" last week of February.

Of course you are right again Henry.....when your body parts need replacing it seems that the jokes ring pretty hollow.....My attempt at levity was misplaced and for that I apologize.

I had "gathered" that you had already had the knee replacement and was on the "mend"........the bright side seems that everyone I know who has had new knees rave about the results so the best of luck is our wish to you.

Drive on......(New body parts are the best......)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Of course you are right again Henry.....when your body parts need replacing it seems that the jokes ring pretty hollow.....My attempt at levity was misplaced and for that I apologize.

I had "gathered" that you had already had the knee replacement and was on the "mend"........the bright side seems that everyone I know who has had new knees rave about the results so the best of luck is our wish to you.

X2 Henry hang in there.

No, I'm not on the mend yet, the knees are being manufactured by these folks http://www.conformis.com/ and will be here in February.

Phoenix, sorry to hear about the knees. Must have been caused by that lack of snow shoveling this winter.

So how did you convince the knee replacement people to allow you to approve all materials used (I can just see Henry working on his material list!) and see the new knees working in solidworks before they started making them for you?

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

The new knees are indeed designed in SolidWorks like program and the patterns made in 3D printer, Henry is "campaigning" to get hold of the 3D printed parts after the operation and have them "on display" (to gross out friends and relatives), the hospital might bulk at it since they will no longer be sterilized and they have these "bio-hazard" rules, some "negotiations" will be attempted, after all it will be his bio-hazard.

If that is the case, why don't they put grease fittings on them?

How would you know when she's full of grease? Bulging knees? A bit of grease oozing out of the ears? ;)

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Are you doing both at the same time or will you wait for one to heal before doing the other? Good luck either way, I'm sure you will do fine.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

My wife had both replaced about five+ years ago. She was told that they would probably only last 10 years or so. If that is the case, why don't they put grease fittings on them? I can get all the food grade grease I want........ ^_^

The new system they are talking 25-30 years, they made significant strides in materials technology. Let's see I'll be about 100 years old. We indeed might have a "situation" with knees still working OK, but the plumbing requiring "assist" from Depends.

"Whack the other one off"

What medical school did you do your residency in?

Great bedside manner...

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Had the right one done in 07 - Guess they used perm-a-lube bearings 'cause I've had zero issues with it. Best idea since sliced bread and canned beer. Rotator cuffs / shoulders are a completely different story. Anyway, good luck, 1st 6 weeks is nasty, keep stretching the new knees, and buy yourself some good knee pads so you don't tear up the new replacements.

Paul

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Phoenix,

Take it from me, as Paul says rehab is most important. It is uncomfortable at first but fight through it. Almost all the problems with adhesions etc. are due to not following the PT regimen. Getting range of motion back is the key. Infections are another story but are not common thankfully. You will do well by your stubborn nature to not be sidelined. Oh, BTW most hospitals will not autoclave any implants and send them home with you-----liability issues you know. Heck you would probably modify the design and come up with a new use for them.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Seems to me that an old hip joint would make a pretty good "wobble" hitch - just get close & wiggle 'er into the socket...(What bedside manner???) Or you could just boil 'er out real good then give it to the fire ants down there for a couple of weeks, soak it in bleach for a day, and Poof. a conversation starter on the mantle.

Paul

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Hmm. When you have your car or truck worked on, don't they have to give you the old parts if you request them, to prove they were really worn out????/................... <_<

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Hmm. When you have your car or truck worked on, don't they have to give you the old parts if you request them, to prove they were really worn out????/................... <_<

Well, now days they have a "core charge" on most replacement parts. I can foresee Henry's old knees being sent to China for a rebuild and resale at an Advance Joint Parts store.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

• 2 weeks later...

ouch how ya doin Randy????

97 9200 cornbinder super 10 M11E cummins 1350 ftlbs
81 CJ7 jeep
2000 36ft nuwa king dome onan 6500LP gen/remote start
94 sport Nautique
2007 dyna wide glide 6 speed
N7UVW
2007 30ft work&play-LK-- toy hauler by forest river

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

2010 42kz Escalade toyhauler

Archived