Just who/what are the folks who populate these forums?

Kirk W

How much do we RV?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of RV person are you?

• I am planning to buy an RV.
    • I am new to RVing with less than 1 year experience & not living in it.
    • I have owned RVs for some time but only travel vacation and short periods.
    • I travel for extended periods in my RV each year for 1 month or longer.my RV most years.
    • I am a seasonal RV traveler spending 4 or more continous months in my RV most years.
    • I live in an RV as my home most of the year.
    • I live in an RV as my only home and have done so for less than 2 years.
    • I live in my as my only home and have done so for more than 2 years.
    • I used to be full-time but have now returned to part-time.
    • I used to be full-time but no longer own an RV.
    • I do not fit into any of those groups.

I seem to recall seeing some really neat horse trailer/RV 5er combos in the past, when attending horse shows/events with our youngest daughter. Just saying and worth maybe your looking into that depending how you prioritize where and how you intend to travel for the most part.

In previous years we have often camped out (glamped out!) long weekends with our horses. There's something exhilarating riding in the foothills, mountains, driving cattle, and even the prairies. As a side thought, you might even be able to get free site and horse board, in return for a little work on some ranches as you travel. Some State/Provincial Parks have corrals closeby the campgrounds.

Much as that would be great, there is no way I could afford one of those nice combos and still maintain the amount of room and quality of trailers I now have. I doubt most RV parks would be conducive to letting a horse trailer stay in their lot. Since I will be workamping during the winter I will be looking at going back to working on guest ranches and all of them provide free horse board and living space (whether a room or my 5er). This would fit my designs well.

Thanks for the info guys. I will keep it in mind as I get closer to October 2017

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

I had the opportunity a couple of years ago while staying Alafia River State Park near Lithia, FL to look through a couple of combos, and I found them to be pretty impressive! One fellow called his the "ultimate toy hauler when your toys are hay burners," :D

Alafia has an entire loop devoted to horse campers, complete with tie outs at each site and a 12-stall barn available. The horse and multi-use trails there are pretty extensive as well. We'll be back there in a few weeks, and it'll be fun to check out the visiting horses again.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Since we started volunteering at Oregon state parks we've come across two very nice parks that also cater to horses with their own segregated horse camps: Nahalem and Cape Blanco.

I understand there are quite a few more but these two we've either visited or worked in.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Excellent Post Kirk!!

We fall into the category of, Owned RV for years vacationing/camping and now part time, living more than 3-4 months out of the year in our travel trailer. We have a few more years until Andi retires from being an RN and then we go full time with new rig/truck set for November 2018.

Alan & Andi

2016 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 4x4

2012 Toyota Camry ( Andi's follow car)

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 ( Business Truck)

2009 Wilderness Travel Trailer

We are in the short trip / vacationing category. Our hope is to move into the seasonal traveler category soon....Just need to kick the work habit.

2016 AF 27-5L2009 Dodge 2500 QC 4x4 Cummins,Smarty prgrmr, timbren SES, B&W patriot hitch

Archived