Volvo Curtain Tabs (Hangers)

oletimer

For some reason, I couldn't make the "search" function work, so had to start a new post.

Has anyone replaced the tabs, or hangers on the privacy curtains? Does the entire curtain have to replaced, or can a shop just sew new tabs in place? Thanks, Dick T

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

If it is that the tabs are torn off the curtain itself, yes. (I do upholstery work). However, you'd have to get matching tabs that fit into the track unbroken. You might try boat curtain tabs, some of those may fit in the Volvo track.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

We have two different curtain slides on ours; one type for the windshield wrap around and another type for the sleeper privacy. Here's the two types at Class8truckParts. We expect to only use the windshield curtain and bought these tabs but haven't sewn them in yet. The others for the sleeper divider are much easier to replace since they just attach to the hooks.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

We have two different curtain slides on ours; one type for the windshield wrap around and another type for the sleeper privacy. Here's the two types at Class8truckParts. We expect to only use the windshield curtain and bought these tabs but haven't sewn them in yet. The others for the sleeper divider are much easier to replace since they just attach to the hooks.

Thanks guys, that's just what I was talking about. Now I need to chase down SIBERNUT, and have him sew them for me. My wife has 3 machines, but she says the biggest needle she has is a 16 ga. This will be a summer job.

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

You can find most of the versions of the tabs at Camping World for a fraction of the price of anywhere else. There are a bunch of versions, though, and I won't guarantee that ALL the various ones Volvo used are available there.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Pretty much any craft or fabric store will also carry them at an inexpensive price. I bought a bunch of them when I redid the curtains in my T2000. There are various kinds, all you have to do is make sure you get the correct size for the track.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

The ones in my Volvo are a different size than the ones I found at my local rv store and their catalog. Sweeten Volvo says they can not order them separately and you must buy a new curtain. I'll be interested to see what size the ones listed are.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

On my Volvo, the screws securing the curtain track to the Volvo are round heads. The round heads protrude into the track channel and cause the curtain tabs to hang up (and break) on the screw heads.

When I get around to the curtains, I am going to replace the round head screws with flathead screws and countersink the screw holes in the track channel.

Archived