Moisture/Condensation in all cupboards

GVJeeper

I'm hoping the 44 degrees is outside the trailer, not inside.

If there is a woodcraft shop adjacent, and they have power tools. They may have 220v, tablesaw and/or a compressor. They may also have some construction heaters. These cubes are 4800 watts, we use them on renos and new construction. If they do, you may be able to borrow one and plug it into their system, if you are close enough and they have enough cord.

That would heat your rig up by itself and save propane. Bribe them with cookies and pies...that works for me.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1000116310.html

If you were to crank up the heat and keep the dehumidifier the corners will dry out in short order.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping the 44 degrees is outside the trailer, not inside.

That's 44 percent humidity but it's been getting the air down to 41% lately and it's been raining so I'm pretty happy with that.

Full-timer with my 2 cats FlipperDoodle & Buster

Originally from Northern Calif. (native)

2013 - 35 ft. Rockwood TT

GMC 2500HD Crew Cab

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also wanting to dehumidify my RV. I currently hang four DampRid containment bags throughout my 40' unit. But would like to do more.

Has anyone used this product? Davis 1458 Air-Dryr 1000 for Mold, Mildew and Moisture.

Tx, Willie

ReliableRVTransport.com

F350 XLT SD / 7.3 Dually
Cameo Carriage / LXI F33RL3
Single Speed Slider
B)

Has anyone used this product? Davis 1458 Air-Dryr 1000 for Mold, Mildew and Moisture.

That is a 130 watt electric heater, nothing more. I "works" by adding a small amount of heat to whatever space it is placed in. They also suggest that you place it on the floor as the rising heat will help to circulate the air. Frankly, you could accomplish the same thing with an equivalent light bulb.

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

We purchased two of the smaller dehumidifiers and that seems to have fixed our problems. We placed one at the front and one in the middle and use the vents when we shower and it has worked fantastic. The units are relatively cheap ($40) make little or no noise and use very little electricity.

We purchased two of the smaller dehumidifiers and that seems to have fixed our problems. We placed one at the front and one in the middle and use the vents when we shower and it has worked fantastic. The units are relatively cheap ($40) make little or no noise and use very little electricity.

Can you give us the make and model?

Full-timer with my 2 cats FlipperDoodle & Buster

Originally from Northern Calif. (native)

2013 - 35 ft. Rockwood TT

GMC 2500HD Crew Cab

Sounds like good advice, any chance you could let us know what unit you're referring too?

At any rate, I also had an Eva Dry unit a few years ago. I had the $59.95 model, but wasn't overly pleased with it's performance? Although it did extract water from the air, it was a bit noisy and the power cord got exceedingly warm.

Perhaps there's a better choice out there in commerce-ville that someone could elaborate about??? ;)

TX-WW​

ReliableRVTransport.com

F350 XLT SD / 7.3 Dually
Single Speed Slider
B)

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner! We got the "Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier Edv-1100, White" from Amazon for around 40 bucks and are very happy with the job they do. Maybe they listened to complaints and changed them because you can't hear these units when they are running at all.

"Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier Edv-1100, White" from Amazon for around 40 bucks and are very happy with the job they do. Maybe they listened to complaints and changed them because you can't hear these units when they are running at all.

Correct. Post 2009 produced units should have the upgraded power adapters and run much quieter. The little one singwing12 mentioned drinks around 2.5amps. The next larger one takes 6amps, but it also draws 20oz of water a day vs. 8oz. Amazon regularly has the little 1100 priced around $35-$38.

Willie.. the $60 unit they sell on their website is the same one you can pick up for $35 if you shop around.

I've used Eva-dry's in the past and have been pleased with their performance as long as you're realistic in your expectations. Most rigs are not completely sealed environments and people tend to open and close doors/vents/run fans/cook/shower/breeeaath, etc. ^_^

Tx fellas. I just bought the "Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier Edv-1100, White" from Amazon for $35. No tax, free shipping!

Soon, my 5'r will be a bit more healthy - and I'll be a lot more comfortable.

Happy New Year y'all....

WW

ReliableRVTransport.com

F350 XLT SD / 7.3 Dually
Single Speed Slider
B)

I just bought the "Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier Edv-1100, White" from Amazon for $35. No tax, free shipping!

You might need 2 of them for your size of rig. In a 35' rig (not counting the additional space you get with your slide/s) you're already going to be pushing 2000 cu ft. The 1100 petite handles 1000 cu ft. poorly in an RV. Not so much when it's in storage, but when in use it won't be able to keep up all by it's lonesome in a high humidity environment. If you just need a little humidity 'shaved' off the top to keep the windows clear.. it might work though.

Of course, you could always go for the larger model, but my experience has been that 2 smaller units in separate locations is more effective than a single, larger, unit. YMMV

A little tip on those little portables... if you pick up a little tubing and an appropriately sized grommet you can drill right into the holding tank and have it drain automatically into a sink or the tub. Especially when running them while your rig is in storage it does make it nice not to have to remember to empty them every few days. Just an idea.

That's exactly what we did. I wanted to try one first and see if it would work then get another (actually our kids got us another one for Christmas)!!! and that set-up works fine!! Good luck and Happy New Year travels!

Willie, I love your pic!! Are you a fan of the Speedway races??

That's exactly what we did. I wanted to try one first and see if it would work then get another (actually our kids got us another one for Christmas)!!! and that set-up works fine!! Good luck and Happy New Year travels!

Willie, I love your pic!! Are you a fan of the Speedway races??

Huge fan of Speedway! IMO, the greatest show on dirt!!! (DG actually) :D

ReliableRVTransport.com

F350 XLT SD / 7.3 Dually
Single Speed Slider
B)

Archived