Well I did it, 2006 Freightliner Century Class, 70" sleeper

GlennWest

Truck checked out good. Printed out Jack's guide on his site. Oil sample dirty and normal. Truck looked good for an 06. Winshield cracked one side. They replacing. All new virgin tires. Owner gave me business in Houston very reasonable on repairs and he uses them. Visted them. Quoted 800.00 to do rods and mains. Will pick it up next week and leave at shop to single and bed

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$800 for rods and mains seems very reasonable.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Truck checked out good. Printed out Jack's guide on his site. Oil sample dirty and normal. Truck looked good for an 06. Winshield cracked one side. They replacing. All new virgin tires. Owner gave me business in Houston very reasonable on repairs and he uses them. Visted them. Quoted 800.00 to do rods and mains. Will pick it up next week and leave at shop to single and bed

Ataboy........welcome to the other-side...........with power......and .....Brakes........

Drive on..............(Smile ........ and "shake" down the road)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Glad to hear you hot one Glenn and welcome to the Freightliner club!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

And when you get a chance the next time you are at the truck, open up the drivers door and let us know if you hear anything that sounds like air leaking. Curious if your truck does it too.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

HI CONGRATULATIONS!!!

WELCOME to "THE DARK SIDE"! Been a long time coming I for one am very happy for your MERRY CHRISTMAS. I brought mine home the 22nd. of DEC. a great personal gift. However it is a great safety gift for your family. Now maybe your sweetheart can get some rest, HA.

Nothing like another HAPPY FITTER!.

HAPPY TRAILS and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to You and your Family!

roadfitter

roadfitter

2000 T-2000 10 speed autoshift DD430/500 H.P.

2001 Alfa 39' Toyhouse

http://community.webshots.com/user/roadfitter597

Holiday lite trucks.

It has got very good brakes. I had never driven a truck with air brakes before. Almost threw owner thru windshield. We go a good laugh out of me.

Yes indeed........the first thing you notice is that the power is just silly compared to LGT's .....BUT ......the second is WOW this thing has a real set of BRAKES......whenever I tow Dolly-the-paint-horse with the pickup and horse trailer I have OK brakes but seldom is Dolly in fear of the brakes......but with the Freightshaker and it's massive brakes I am very careful since IF I brake too hard ......the Dolly-Moma riding shotgun puts lumps on my head........

People ask how much it costs to tow with a HDT....I tell them on steep twisty mtn-roads the Jake and air brakes are ........priceless.....

No more drive-through-yellow / Red lights........

Drive on...........(Enjoy the........"Shaking")

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

If this not allowed edit please. Rocha Diesel Service, 911 W. Jackson, Pasadena TX 77506. Phone 832 594 5037. Thank you so much. I worked Tues night so left work at 4 am and drove 300 miles. Came back last night. I just woke up. Long but very delightful day

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Due to my limited free time I likely go with a deck builder. One in Hoston I'm conversing with. I really like the modular design. I need right much free time for it though. He is rely got a budding good product I believe.

Archived