Thetford toilet overfilling

lappir

Just so everyone is clear. I do have a water shut off at the toilet. Didn't realize it with the first incident but now know. At this point I would not recommend any products from Thetford. I have had very little in customer support from them despite multiple emails.

Rod

Our Thetford Aqua Magic Style Plus has been in service since 2005 without a single problem. We like it so well I even moved it from one RV to another when we upgraded to a newer coach. The only replacement part its had was a new base gasket when it was reinstalled in the newer coach, and that only has preventative measure. I can't speak for the other Thetford models, but the Style Plus has served us very well.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

We had a similar problem with our Thetford. The water pressure was too high and that kept the valve open slightly and was filling bowl, then onto the floor.

Make sure your pressure regulator is working properly!

Mac

• 1 month later...

Houston we still have a problem. I was just sitting down to post that I thought I had finally fixed the problem with my Thetford. I did get the company to send me a new valve at no charge and I installed it yesterday with a new pipe that I think was leaking from my precious valve replacement. Yes, there have been three valves installed in less than 3 years of ownership. I certainly hope this one lasts longer than the first.

Now my issue isn't with the valve but with the plumbing going to the valve. Had the valve not required changing I would not have the problem. Yet here I am with a continued water leak. This one is where the elbow is threaded into the valve. It didn't come new with the valve so I must blame Spacecraft. Maybe they are a single use item. All I know is I thought it was fine when I finished yesterday. Checked it a couple times and all was good. Decided to post here that I was finally done but as I typed I thought I should go check it out and sure enough the towel was wet and I could see drips on the connections. Absolutely no way to tighten them further so another toilet removal is probably going to have to happen. I was planning on getting a flex hose at the Hardware store yesterday when I bought the hose, worm gear clamps and two new lag screws for mounting. ( The other ones started to rust and I'm sure wouldn't stop. I sprayed WD 40 in the holes before leaving yesterday and it was a few hours before I put the new lag screws in. Hopefully there wasn't enough rust to start the new ones into that breakdown phase too soon.

I have tries to include a photo of what it looks like back behind the toilet. Any suggestions welcomed. It's been about 3 months flushing with a bucket, I guess a few more won't kill me.

Rod

20160717_155308.jpg

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Archived