Dometic frig lost 12vDC

Able Dog

I have a Dometic RM 2862, Prod.# 921 1461-55, Ser.# 533 00087. For 9 years, full timing, it served me well until last week. When I noticed that the eyebrow lights were out I trouble-shot it down to the 12 VDC Thermofuse on the outside of the flue.

I could reset the plunger and the frig would work for about 30 seconds before it popped again.

I called Dometic and they sent a new one, which I installed..it lasted for about 30 minutes before it popped. It appears the flue temp is getting too high and shutting off the 12 VDC to the control board, which, by the way, is a new one (broke one side of the fuse holder while attempting to remove the fuse) :angry: .

Any ideas as to where I should go from here?

Thanks,

Larry

If in park. Check temp if a functioning unit to compare. Good to see if it's way hot.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

I checked for obstructions this morning, the baffle strip moves freely and there was no sign of

anything "nesting" in there. But...I did notice that there was some yellowish residue around the base

of the flue. So I peeled back the sheet metal around the flue and exposed the insulation. The AC

heating element is covered with rust/yellow powder to the point that I don't think that I can remove itfront the

retainer. The yellow powder has soaked into the insulation and formed a hard barrier.

Just prior to this problem with the AC element, I had noticed that the frig was having problems

cooling. So I'm afraid that the frig is done for.

Opinions?

I checked for obstructions this morning, the baffle strip moves freely and there was no sign of

anything "nesting" in there. But...I did notice that there was some yellowish residue around the base

of the flue. So I peeled back the sheet metal around the flue and exposed the insulation. The AC

heating element is covered with rust/yellow powder to the point that I don't think that I can remove itfront the

retainer. The yellow powder has soaked into the insulation and formed a hard barrier.

Just prior to this problem with the AC element, I had noticed that the frig was having problems

cooling. So I'm afraid that the frig is done for.

Opinions?

Yep. lost its magic ammonia

Do not use the fridge!! It may still have ammonia in the system, and applying heat may cause more leaking which could start a fire. You need to either, get the cooling unit replaced or a new fridge. They are not repairable.

When it popped the new Thermofuse I unplugged it. And here I thought that I didn't have anything to do today.

Thanks for everybody's help.

Archived