It appears Verizon did it.

lappir

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible for Verizon to affect the charging ability on my Samsung? This morning I got up, plugged my phone in, turned on the Foxfi and started my morning routine. Next thing I know there is this nearly constant bleep/bleep from the phone. Message says "Incompatible charger connected, charging stopped. Please connect original charger." Well, I don't have the original charger. Bought the phone used and have been using my S3 charger or a replacement charger for the S5 without problems for weeks. Two things have happened Verizon "update" and my billing cycle turned over to a new month again. Sure can't use my Foxfi without having a working charger and soon may not even be able to use my Phone. Merry Christmas to me. Thanks Verizon.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

All of my Samsung items have to be charged on their own chargers. Tablet that we bought last winter won't even charge with the usb cable plugged into a correct amp usb port. It has to be plugged into a 110v source. Glad I have power in the truck!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Not all chargers put out the same amount of current, and the newer phones require more and more amps to properly charge. Be sure you have a charger that puts out at least 2 amps for charging an S4 or above. The charger from your older phone is probably not capable of providing that much.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

Got to work and plugged into my Bluetooth speaker charger and phone charged right up. Going to take back the charger and cord after work. Have had it for less than 90 days.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

All of my Samsung items have to be charged on their own chargers. Tablet that we bought last winter won't even charge with the usb cable plugged into a correct amp usb port. It has to be plugged into a 110v source. Glad I have power in the truck!

It's my understanding that all USB chargers provide the same 5V DC. Most newer phones require 2A to charge as quickly as possible, but the lower charge rate shouldn't keep them from charging.

Most of the time our Galaxy S4 and S4 mini charge fine with whatever USB cable I plug into them. Occasionally I get the message "This device would charge faster with the original charger" but the only time I've ever seen the "Charging Stopped" message that has been mentioned is just before we returned the Mini for repair. It eventually stopped taking charge from anything.

Recently I did have to throw away a USB cable which had a mini-connector that must have been slightly out of shape; it occasionally would result in error messages on the phone; even though the messages related to the charger, the problem was really the cable.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived