For the pilots on theForum, just a little off topic.

rdickinson

Cool. As Butch Cassidy said, "Who are those guys?"

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

I can tell you after "bumping around" in a bunch of 30's 40's & 50's converted fire tankers cobbled up from military & civil airliners my first ride in a CL 215 was like a ride in a space-ship........

Hats off to the Canadians...........take the time and $$$$ to make a "clean-sheet-design-fire-tanker" is a real task but worth while task.....

Drive on........(Put that fire.....down)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

I put it up last night but deleted it as it had nothing to do with HDT's but there are a number of

flyboyz on the

forum who I thought would like it. Can't say much for the formation flying after the original diamonds especially when loading but it is still an impressive sight. I like the Dromaders, Dusty crop hopper planes.

I have a friend that was the liaison engineer for the 215/415, he was really bummed when the program ended. We host the L.A. City CL contingent at Van Nuys airport. They have helped on fires near my house but, LA City, LA County and Ventura County helicopters have saved my house several time directly.

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Archived