Yellow truck sighting

rickeieio

Saw a yellow truck w/ black smart pulling a fiver on I-275 on the south side of Cincinnati yesterday. (Saturday)

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Not us. We're in AZ. Stop by Rick.

We're actually thinking of heading that way in Feb. Don't know if we'll go quite that far west though. You're 1850 miles from our home base, with no detours......

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

• 1 month later...

I'm just on the west side of Cincy, 30 minutes from Covington. Next time you're in the area, give us a holler.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

rickeieio, on 17 Dec 2015 - 3:54 PM, said:

I'm just on the west side of Cincy, 30 minutes from Covington. Next time you're in the area, give us a holler.

Will do. I stayed a week at oak creek campground and next time may check out the indian springs campground next fall. I may be in Covington again in late January for a meeting but will not have the truck with me.

2006 Volvo 670 singled long

2011 Heartland Sundance 3300CK

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Will do. I stayed a week at oak creek campground and next time may check out the indian springs campground next fall. I may be in Covington again in late January for a meeting but will not have the truck with me.

Indian Springs is about 6-8 minutes from our house. I'm not sure you'd fit in there. To be honest, I've never stopped by, being so close to home. I'll check it out.

Okay, I went there today and talked to Jim, the owner. He used to be my barber, when I had hair. So, he says they have had rigs like ours in the past. Some of his sites are a little over 70'. They tend fill up in the summer. It looks like a nice place, but close to the highway.

http://indianspringscampground.com/

Little Farm on the River has plenty of space for our rigs, but would be pretty inconvenient to Covington. http://www.littlefarmresort.com/

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

CHIEFWAHO, on 17 Dec 2015 - 7:25 PM, said:

Where in Kansas you heading? I'm in Thayer (southeast Kanasas)?

We usually stay in Derby, just outside of Wichita as we have family in Mulvane. We are back in Canada now and will be back there for longer next fall as we just did a quick 3 week visit this year.

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

rickeieio, on 18 Dec 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

Indian Springs is about 6-8 minutes from our house. I'm not sure you'd fit in there. To be honest, I've never stopped by, being so close to home. I'll check it out.

Okay, I went there today and talked to Jim, the owner. He used to be my barber, when I had hair. So, he says they have had rigs like ours in the past. Some of his sites are a little over 70'. They tend fill up in the summer. It looks like a nice place, but close to the highway.

http://indianspringscampground.com/

Little Farm on the River has plenty of space for our rigs, but would be pretty inconvenient to Covington. http://www.littlefarmresort.com/

Thanks for checking it out for me.

45 min from little farm to the convention center is not too bad. We found the one we went too very tight and LOTS of people leaving very early. One morning we had a truck next to us start getting ready at 3:30am with the truck running and things clunking around.. they finally pulled out at near 5am. (Seniors on the way to AZ getting a early start to the day)..

Here is a shot of the loop you need to go around to get on the right angle for the pull thrus.. PLUS NONE have sewer.. so you need to drive up here to dump anyways.. LOTS of locals.. Felt like I was on display when almost everyone in the CG stopped what they were doing to see if we would make the turn (We did ;) ) And the CG store, all their fridges are dedicated to selling cases of beer lol

A few spots around the turns have almost a FOOT deep rut along the pavement edge.. not what I would want to drop off on.

post-31294-0-83184200-1450631053_thumb.jpg

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Just plan on staying at Indian Springs, and I'll take you to the best fried chicken you've ever had.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

rickeieio, on 20 Dec 2015 - 3:28 PM, said:rickeieio, on 20 Dec 2015 - 3:28 PM, said:

Just plan on staying at Indian Springs, and I'll take you to the best fried chicken you've ever had.

Sounds good. I would like your truck sometime. I will try to get another day there at the start or end as when I am at the convention, I am usually tied up from 8:30am to about 9pm or so most days.

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Archived