Need Some Photoshop Help for ECR

SuiteSuccess

Thanks for the suggestions folks but there is not the $$ to franchise a logo from scratch. Alan has asked about t-shirts for the ECR and that is the focus. I would assume, Rick, that your design is not copyrighted and obtainable from the web? Jemstone, I pm'd you an email address as I would love to see the picture and see if it were applicable. Again my preference is still a caricature of a semi with a 5er like the truck I posted. BTW Ed Roth's work appears to be copyrighted.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the suggestions folks but there is not the $$ to franchise a logo from scratch. Alan has asked about t-shirts for the ECR and that is the focus. I would assume, Rick, that your design is not copyrighted and obtainable from the web? Jemstone, I pm'd you an email address as I would love to see the picture and see if it were applicable. Again my preference is still a caricature of a semi with a 5er like the truck I posted. BTW Ed Roth's work appears to be copyrighted.

Hi Carl,

The reason that I used Ed Roth is because I could remember the caricatures that he came up with would draw your attention to his art work. I would think that anything you find on the internet would be copyrighted. What ever design you come up with I am still in.

Thanks again Carl for your work on this project,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Hi Carl,

The reason that I used Ed Roth is because I could remember the caricatures that he came up with would draw your attention to his art work. I would think that anything you find on the internet would be copyrighted. What ever design you come up with I am still in.

Al

Alan you are most likely correct, I had to buy the rights to the decal used on my trailer. After that we modified it to suit me and fit the trailer.

Hi Carl,

Al

Yeah that may be the problem. May have to go with a personal photo like Rick or Jemstone has and get their written permission to reproduce. Seems nowadays everything has a "gotcha". Dang I really am getting old and longing for the old days where you just did it and nobody cared.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Alan you are most likely correct, I had to buy the rights to the decal used on my trailer. After that we modified it to suit me and fit the trailer.

Roger, how did you buy the rights?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

BTW going hunting for several days in boonies so won't be responding until first of week.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

The picture was found from google images. Searched "vintage fifth wheels" and I downloaded it and removed the background with photoshop which took about an hour. That is why I posted my truck first as there would be no concern over copyright issues. It was funny to see my truck and RV in a Winegard advertisement selling on Amazon. I never gave permission but they used it anyway.

Does anyone know of a person with a sketch pad or an art student. At work there was a young guy that had a talent for drawing cars and trucks. He is no longer working there. I would think that there could be a person on the forum with drawing or sketching talents. Maybe someone knows of a person with this talent. Greg from RV Haulers has a nice looking designed shirt. Maybe send Greg an e-mail to see how he came up with his shirt design. These are some ideas that I am throwing out there. Maybe the person that would be doing the shirts know of someone that could come up with a design.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I would love to find an artist that could draw in the style of Ed Roth that we pay to get a logo we could use. All of his designs are copyrighted but it would sure look nice to see an 18 wheeler with a fiver in that style. I think we have a LOT of gear heads on here that remember him from the 60's and 70's.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Roger, how did you buy the rights?

I'll contact the graphics outfit in Calgary and ask them. They did the legwork, I paid for it.

I think the Roth thing is a bit old tech and too juvenile for my likes. Something more rounded out, 50's Looney Tunes works for me.

Again I think characteristics to satisfy most of the different rig owners. Just whether go condo ht or flattop like mine.

For me RV Haulers type pic works.

That's on the right track. That particular view seems to be the most popular when presenting pics of a vehicle. Is there a way of getting the nose of a Smart showing somehow??

That view took me a long time since my computer skills are limited. Will play with it some more when I have time.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

As much as I like the cartoon effect, and or using antique trucks, it sort of misses the point. If you want to educate the public, which is presumably where the shirt with this logo will be worn, you will miss the target by using something that is too cartoonish or not an accurate portrayal.

I wear a lot of T-shirts that have a special meaning to me, specifically ones that are NOT easily obtained, i.e. purchased at the event, or museum in question. I get a lot of questions about certain t-shirts which opens up the avenue of explaining the activity.

The sharper the graphics and over all design, using the advice of the company who is going to do the silk screening, will attract the most attention.

Use an image that the people would see if they came to the ECR or the National. Volvo's are the overwhelming majority, that doesn't bother most Freightliner or KW owners. I go to Professional Car Society meets (we collect hearses, ambulances and limousines) which are overwhelmingly Cadillacs, but the Packard or Oldsmobile owners get it when the t-shirt has a Caddy on it.

The idea is while you are standing in line at the grocery store ( put an image on front and back if you can), some guy behind you taps you on the shoulder and away you go....For the 2nd or third edition have at it with some fun...

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

As much as I like the cartoon effect, and or using antique trucks, it sort of misses the point. If you want to educate the public, which is presumably where the shirt with this logo will be worn, you will miss the target by using something that is too cartoonish or not an accurate portrayal.

I wear a lot of T-shirts that have a special meaning to me, specifically ones that are NOT easily obtained, i.e. purchased at the event, or museum in question. I get a lot of questions about certain t-shirts which opens up the avenue of explaining the activity.

The sharper the graphics and over all design, using the advice of the company who is going to do the silk screening, will attract the most attention.

Use an image that the people would see if they came to the ECR or the National. Volvo's are the overwhelming majority, that doesn't bother most Freightliner or KW owners. I go to Professional Car Society meets (we collect hearses, ambulances and limousines) which are overwhelmingly Cadillacs, but the Packard or Oldsmobile owners get it when the t-shirt has a Caddy on it.

The idea is while you are standing in line at the grocery store ( put an image on front and back if you can), some guy behind you taps you on the shoulder and away you go....For the 2nd or third edition have at it with some fun...

Point taken. Thanks Jeff.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

BTW going hunting for several days in boonies so won't be responding until first of week.

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

When the smoke clears, I hope you have a BBD. Good luck and above all else, enjoy your time in the woods and be safe.

I was able to fill our freezer after coming back to OH from Elkhart, and before leaving for DC. That venison breakfast sausage sure tastes great with eggs and homefries.

This was supposed to be with quote above. I'm not good on the phone app.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

First response

If your peeps find an image like we did on certain sites like Shuttershock, depositphoto, canstock, dreamstime are a few that we use. You can purchase large format images to download to your computer, then using photoshop or any other design program you can edit colours, add background etc...Hope this helps.

Bonnie

Second response after asking if it was OK to post her response.

no problem, if you go to google images and search an image if you place your curser over an image it will show you who the site is that has that image. The ones I recommended are ones I have used successfully in the past. Good Luck!

Bonnie

They also do T shirts.

Jim,

Bagged a deer and just picked up the meat. Should be eating good for awhile. Had a perfect day, sunny, no wind, temp 34 degrees. We saw a lot of game. Almost "harvested" a couple of large coyotes but didn't want to ruin it for my companions since they came out right at sunup. Farmer who leases us the land says coyotes are growing in number and killing some of his calves so wanted us to take as many as we could.

Roger,

Thanks for the info. Have another idea to play around with after Jeff's post.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Latest photoshop. My rig "posterized" so I don't have to get permission to publish. Is this more what you are thinking Jeff? Screening shop could cut out all the background stuff and just have truck and trailer outline. Makes photo look like drawing.

truck%20posterized_zpsduoywpuw.jpg

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Latest version for comments for t-shirt logo. Yes, it's my rig but it does what Jeff suggests and makes someone look and maybe ask questions. No permissions required to use image and "looks" painted.

ECR%20My%20Rig_zpse7lkfcxm.jpg

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Could use some flames on the nose.... B)

Looks fine by me!

Thanks Jim. This has turned into a chore. :) Yeah, maybe some flames or ghostly skull heads?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

That should spark a lot of conversations. One glance and it tell the whole story. Go with that.

Thanks Jeff. Hopefully followed your lead.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived