Need Some Photoshop Help for ECR

SuiteSuccess

Have been working with some ECR attendees on possibly having some T-shirts printed for purchase for the rally. I am not adept at computers so would like to solicit anyone that would help me with a " cartoon" HDT and fiver that would serve as a permanent logo for the ECR going forward, I have a picture of a truck we used on the lanyards last year but would like to create a permanent logo. If you would be willing to help please PM me and I will share the basic picture to act as a starting point. BTW the final picture needs to be no more than four colors because screen printing becomes more expensive with increased colors.

Thanks.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh here we go with the Volvo,kenworth ,IH peterbilt, freight shaker Mack war.

Lol, that's why I need help to make it as "genderless" as possible. BTW the picture actually looks more like a Freight shaker so I'm not biased.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I can see it all now...A long nose Mack cab over pulling a "tiny house" with a 'levendy speed 4 stick tranny. Woohoo!!!

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Oh here we go with the Volvo,kenworth ,IH peterbilt, freight shaker Mack war.

Hey........what about .......Autocar!!

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

I am not skilled enough to draw one but there may be some stock photos you could buy the rights to use and merge together.

Here are some truck cartoons maybe one of them would at least give some ideas?

http://www.dreamstime.com/illustration/cartoon-semi-truck.html

could maybe take somethign like this camper

toyhauler-trailer-illustration-depicts-m

and this semi and mash together?

isolated-heavy-semi-truck-26596903.jpg

2007 Volvo 630 VED12 465hp / Eaton Ultrashift transmission

singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin

2013 Forrest River Sierrra 315RE

2006 Yamaha Rhino

SS,

We use Adobe Photoshop in our business but it's not usually me using it. :) I took one of the pictures of our rig and messed around with a few filters in PS and got this. If you have a picture of something you would like to use I could try some PS filters on it. Let me know.

style.jpg

Hey........what about .......Autocar!!

Dolly, I don't think that Autocar would work, because it could upset the more hard core "brand warriors" here (although I'm not sure that any of them attend the ECR).

Until the brand morphed into nothing more than what it is today -- a low-cab-forward garbage truck chassis -- the last "conventional" Autocars produced in the late 90s were re-badged W-series Volvos that were engineered for severe service vocational applications, a market that VTNA covers today with their Mack and Volvo VHD lines.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

SS,

We use Adobe Photoshop in our business but it's not usually me using it. :) I took one of the pictures of our rig and messed around with a few filters in PS and got this. If you have a picture of something you would like to use I could try some PS filters on it. Let me know.

style.jpg

That's a cool looking picture !

Carl, I'm sorry that I can't help you with Photoshop.

Does anyone remember Big Daddy Ed Roth ? He had some real funny looking caricatures for the hot rod gang. I don't know if you want to go that direction or not. Just an idea to look at. But what ever you come up with I still want a shirt.

Thanks Carl for your work on this idea,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I am not skilled enough to draw one but there may be some stock photos you could buy the rights to use and merge together.

Here are some truck cartoons maybe one of them would at least give some ideas?

http://www.dreamstime.com/illustration/cartoon-semi-truck.html

could maybe take somethign like this camper

toyhauler-trailer-illustration-depicts-m

and this semi and mash together?

isolated-heavy-semi-truck-26596903.jpg

Thanks for all the input. I have looked through the Internet at "cartoon " semis and "cartoon " fivers and that is my first choice to merge. That way it is more generic than featuring someone's rig although I agree Rick's picture is quite impressive. I just don't have the computer skills to be able to do that merger in a meaningful way. This is actually the semi cartoon we used last year.

http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/LTK/RkE/LTKRkEATa.jpeg

Ok no hurt feelings because it looks like a Freightliner.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I also think a caricature of an old time rig might work as Rick suggested. Anyone with the skills to turn an old photo into a cartoon caricature?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Didn't he do the Rat Fink stuff?

That's the guy. He always had some kind of character driving his creations. lol

Al

That's a cool looking picture !

Carl, I'm sorry that I can't help you with Photoshop.

Does anyone remember Big Daddy Ed Roth ? He had some real funny looking caricatures for the hot rod gang. I don't know if you want to go that direction or not. Just an idea to look at. But what ever you come up with I still want a shirt.

Thanks Carl for your work on this idea,

Al

I think I saw Ed Roth driving a Peterbilt cow truck through town the other day... sittin on the floor stirring through the gears with a shifter up by the roof...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Now we're getting somewhere. RickS my wife really likes your design. Georgia any with a 5er?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

The RV Museum and Hall of Fame has a collection of early RVs. Among the exhibits is a Studebaker truck circa 1954 or earlier with a huge aluminum trailer in tow similar to the one in the Desi and Lucy movie The Long Trailer. I have a photo of the rig but it's too large to post here. I can email it.

John McLaughlin

2010 Volvo 730, D13, I-shift, singled and decked

2014 Lifestyle 38' Fifth Wheel

Just for info, I had the profile picture we use developed from scratch. Some of you have probably seen the Toy Draggin on the side of our truck. Artist, then Graphics, then printing. Kind of involved, and not exactly cheap. Starting with a blank sheet of paper through putting the decals on the truck was nearly $1K. However, the graphics file is professional quality and is reusable forever. It is also resizeable, not the same as "zoomable", so the image quality stays the same whether you print a business card or a billboard sign. The file can be used for decals, tee-shirts, logos, etc, etc.

Give some thought to having the logo reusable year to year and combining that with a replaceable date. Having an artist draw up what you want will let you have that long nose mack...

Paul

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Some time ago there was a discussion of a deeecal for the trucks, this may be an opportunity to incorporate it into both.

The RV Hauler red logo or something like it incorporating characteristic from each manufacturer ,diagonal bar or the chrome hockey sticks on the side of the hood for Volvo, hood ornament for Mack, etc.

Flames coming out of the stacks would get my attention.

4 colors would only be 3 if you made the shirts white. Other colors would be red and blue maybe seeing as they cover both USA and Canadia. 4th color could be black for the tires.

How about these by Ed? I think I saw a couple of these drivers at Hutch...... In fact, one resembles me at times......

7543d0c06bbb8323256fc39bd0b8eb22.jpg

9787585386_8d1bc0a8df_b.jpg

)

9845280304_f883d7d9c8_b.jpg

Georgia,

I am enjoying your find. lol. I thought Ed would have some caricatures of big rigs. Old gear heads always enjoy the look of flames.

Al

Archived