RV Property Tax: Florida as compared to Virginia

BLK-9

I am wondering if anyone on the forum has information on RV Property Tax in Florida as compared to Virginia. I am a Virginia resident planning to full-time within the year. I am looking for information on cost of RV Property in Florida (escapee residence) so i can compare it the cost of RV Property Tax in Virginia.

Thanks.

Mike

2016 Heartland Landmark Newport 365 w/MoRryde IS and 8k PSI disc brakes

RAM 3500 DRW 4.1

If you mean real estate property tax, Florida ranks 29th lowest compared to Virginia's 16th place according to Market Watch. If you're thinking of vehicle taxes though, Florida ranks first with no tax, while Virgina ranks the worst at number 50 in the same listing.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Same for Texas and South Dakota. Leaving VA was the best thing we ever did. Just make sure you make sure you cut all ties to VA. They are aggressive about making sure they get every penny out of you as you probable already know

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

First of all, welcome to the Escapee forums! We are happy that you have joined us.

I am wondering if anyone on the forum has information on RV Property Tax in Florida as compared to Virginia.

Neither FL nor TX charge any personal property tax on RVs and vehicles, but they do have licensing fees which are partly tax.

Vehicle registration fees by state............

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks - Dutch, Kirk, and Ron. This is exactly the information i was looking for. Appreciate your time. Escapees has a good checklist with an estimated timeline to change domicile.

Mike

2016 Heartland Landmark Newport 365 w/MoRryde IS and 8k PSI disc brakes

RAM 3500 DRW 4.1

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, welcome to the Escapee forums! We are happy that you have joined us.

Neither FL nor TX charge any personal property tax on RVs and vehicles, but they do have licensing fees which are partly tax.

Vehicle registration fees by state............

Kirk, do you mean to say that TX and FL have no sales tax on the purchase of a RV or vehicle, just a licensing fee? I thought only MT did not have sales tax??

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Kirk, do you mean to say that TX and FL have no sales tax on the purchase of a RV or vehicle, just a licensing fee? I thought only MT did not have sales tax??

No, that was not what I was saying. Actually, there are 4 states that have no sales tax, but neither TX nor FL are among them. They are Delaware, Montana, Oregon, and New Hampshire. What I did say was that some states have a tax each year on motor vehicles, usually called a personal property tax that is levied on each vehicle, but neither TX nor FL have such. You need to be careful in comparing the cost of vehicle licensing in the various states you need to make sure that there is no such tax which is in addition to the annual license fee. The reply was in response to a question about an "RV property tax."

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived