Question about water stains

coachmac9

Oh definitely!! No leaks now, the stains were there when we bought it and it went through the torrential rains of last year without any problems so all is good with the roof repairs. I could have sworn I saw someone post about this subject a few months back but I couldn't find it with the "search" feature. Seems like they sprayed some type of cleaner on it and let it set for a while...it might have been the Oxy-Clean product...just not sure.

Baking soda mixed with hydrogen peroxide can be made into a paste. This can be caked on and left to absorb the stain. It worked in our previous RV.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I fixed a previous large stain on our cloth ceiling with 4 parts water and 1 part clorox. Just cover the floor etc with a plastic cloth. Then ring the sponge out and pat the wet sponge over the stains. When dry, the stains are gone. Repeat if you want more results.

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

I have wondered occaisionally why they use "carpet/cloth" on motorhome roofs. I don't recall having seen it on 5W's or TT's. I would guess this means you have to vacuum it to get rid of accumulating dust.

Primarily for noise reduction. A hard ceiling would reflect road noise while traveling - not an issue while a 5th wheel or TT is in motion.

Archived