Screen Door Slider---need 1.75" Deep

John Parker

We have a 2000 Bounder 32H Class A motor home. The plastic slider in the screen door is cracked. That is the part that keeps the bugs out, and you slide it over to get to the handle to open the door. We're having trouble finding a replacement.

It is the "P"/Phillips style, 11 5/8ths wide x 11 3/4 high x 1 3/4 deep. Of course, if the size is close, I can cut it down to fit. I found the Camco 45512 and Valterra A77022, but those are only about 1 inch deep, and won't fit.

Camping World told me that they cannot help me.

It is Saturday, so the Fleetwood phone number is not open. I will try them Monday, but I dread having to buy anything through them. They are only a last resort.

Can anyone help me? Where can I find a "deep" screen door slider?

John

John & Connie Parker
2001 Ford Bounder 33' Motorhome
2016 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 towed
Lifetime Members SKP #96350

Everything I have seen on Tweetys and Amazon are only 1 inch (or 7/8ths inch) deep/thick. They don't fit my door, because there is not enough room to close the door, or my door handle will hit.

If you found a 1.75 inch deep slide, please tell me the brand and model number.

John & Connie Parker

Fleetwood wanted $96 for a replacement on our 2014 Bounder. I made it serviceable woth a fiberglass repair kit and a rattle can of beige paint.

--

Peter & Anne-Marie Arnold, Full-timers since 2011

The National Camping Travelers, Camping Group for Masonic Families
2004 Bounder 38N, Diesel Pusher

2005 Toyota RAV4, 4cyl, Stick

500W of Solar with seldom used generator.

Fleetwood wanted $96 for a replacement on our 2014 Bounder. I made it serviceable woth a fiberglass repair kit and a rattle can of beige paint.

I am not surprised that Fleetwood charges $96, while others online are about $15.

Thanks for the fiberglass repair kit tip, Peter. I think that is what I will have to do.

John

John & Connie Parker

Just in case a used part wouldn't hurt your feelings , see below .

Your kind of needed part is exactly why salvage yards exist .

Here's an option : http://bontragers.com/

and another : http://colawrvsalvage.com/

Take your pick : https://search.disconnect.me/searchTerms/serp?search=dec2a0d3-e58b-4cac-98d9-66b1c2f5c431

Goes around , comes around .

PAT AND PETE: Thanks for the salvage yard jumps. I will look at them, but I kind of doubt that they would separate the slider from the rest of the screen door for sale.

John & Connie Parker

UPDATE: I called Fleetwood and they gave the part number I needed. It is a Dexter 440136, aka Phillips 4401-36. They will sell me one $20.69, plus $5 process fee, plus $12.95 standard shipping. Better than $96!

I Googled the product number and found several places selling them for around $19 AFTER you add in the shipping. I couldn't have found it by just the dimensions. Nobody wants to post the depth dimension when they sell them!

Thanks

John Parker

John & Connie Parker

Archived