tricare

kellybb

TFL is the Medicare part B

When you go on SSI or SSDI, your Tricare prime or standard automatically changes to Tricare For Life or (TFL) and becomes your part B of Medicare.

It is (currently) free.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

Just remember that when you go on Medicare you must already qualify to use Tricare for it to roll over into TFL. There are several ways that happens.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

• 4 weeks later...

TFL is the Medicare part B

When you go on SSI or SSDI, your Tricare prime or standard automatically changes to Tricare For Life or (TFL) and becomes your part B of Medicare.

It is (currently) free.

Well, sorta-not really. You must continue to pay your part B premiums to be eligible for TFL.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

TFL is the Medicare part BWhen you go on SSI or SSDI, your Tricare prime or standard automatically changes to Tricare For Life or (TFL) and becomes your part B of Medicare.It is (currently) free.

SSI and SSDI under the age of 65 do not auto qualify for Medicare.

As stated when you qualify for Medicare and you currently are eligible for Tricare the combination of the 2 become TFL. You pay your Medicare premium and that is your initial payer of medical care. Tricare becomes you secondary. Remember that if Medicare denies a claim them in most cases Tricare does not pay either.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Kelly are you military or a retired vet? Tricare is the military medical coverage for Active duty and retirees. Kind of like an HMO but we can pay a bit more and go standard rather than Prime and choose our docs. When we become Medicare eligible out military coverage becomes secondary and picks up the copays. Or so I understand. I am only 63 and have a couple more years until I am eligible.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Derek is right. TRICARE standard or prime is for under 65 UNLESS you retire before 65 with a total disability and are accepted for Medicare at that time, over 65 it becomes TRICARE for Life = TFL. BUT, you must maintain your Medicare part B in order to be eligible for TFL.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

And the process is seamless. A couple months before you 65 birthday your Medicare cards arrive in the mail. Put them in your wallet. The only thing you must do before you use it is to go to a base and have your military ID changed. You can do this 30 days prior to the first day of your birthday month. You must upgrade your card before using your Medicare benefit. Go online and google ID card renewal. It will give you a link where you can choose any ID office and make an appointment. Makes it fast and painless. Took me all of 15 minutes

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

My Medicare starts March 1. I am on disability. My military pay and tricker starts 2 years later. I assume that I must pay for prescription and everything else until I turn 60 and then my tricker will automatically kick in as TFL. Am I correct or all confused?

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

My Medicare starts March 1. I am on disability. My military pay and tricker starts 2 years later. I assume that I must pay for prescription and everything else until I turn 60 and then my tricker will automatically kick in as TFL. Am I correct or all confused?

I have no answers for this. I suggest that you call Tricare and have a conversation.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Disability, MEDICARE, and TRICARE

That webpage may not answer all your quesitions, but it should contain enough information so when you phone TRICARE you know what to ask.

Archived