TPMS

TXiceman

I have been fighting the Tire Tracker system for about 3 or 4 years and still having issues...short battery life, failing transmitters, cracked caps, etc. It is to the point I do not trust the thing with too many false alarms.

What are the TPMS that you have had good success with on your rigs? Cost is a concern as I have 12 wheels to monitor.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I had a tire tracker . . . GARBAGE. Went to a TST system with replaceable batteries and it works great. No false alarms and it really works.

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

Our TST 507 has worked flawlessly for a couple of years now. The low cost batteries (less than a dollar each) are easy to replace using just a small Phillips screwdriver, or no tools needed if you leave the rotating security covers off.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

We put a Doran system on our first year out 2008. We used it for the three years that we full timed. Not one problem. I have had it sitting in my closet since we came in April of 11. The batteries are now dead. The company will trade them for new ones at $30 ea. Not bad.

Ray

2001 Fleetwood Southwind 32V

2011 Scion XB toad

I purchased a TST system (with the non-replaceable batteries) in 2008. The batteries in the sensors started dying after 5 years. I exchanged them for $20 each. The monitor stopped working after six years. I exchanged it for $50. The system has alerted me to two pressure losses due to nails/screws in tires preventing any damage from continuing to run on an under inflated tire and I was able to have the tires repaired before any damage to the tires occurred. Exchanges were executed in short order, I am a happy customer. System is still working as of today.

We have been personally using our TST system for over 5 years {all fulltime RV'ing} and love it & the peace of mind it brings. We originally had the 12 sensor system and all monitored just great. When we purchased our 2015 truck, it came with a tpms system. I still would rather have the TST on my truck too but Dutch wants to give this system a fair try so I'm OK with that.

This system saved us several times. Once with a slow leak from a rubber valve stem then several months later, a brake caliper stuck and the temperature alarm immediately went off at 167 degrees. Did we lose the caliper yes? But because we were alerted, we did not lose the rotor, tire or possible fiberglass damage. Without the TST, we would not have known about the stuck brake caliper until too late. Because it shows temperature and pressure simultaneously,we were certainly sold on our TST fer sure after that. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

I had a TST system and had to replace 7or 8 sensors in less than a year ...and had two flat tires caused by sensors coming loose in spite of trying everything except Loc-Tite. I replaced the TST with a TireTraker in 2010 and it has worked great. It has alerted me to problems several times. Batteries last apx 2 years. I have replaced a couple of caps, and had to replace one sensor this past year.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

We have been using PressurePro for over ten years. We changed out sensors on their 8 year anniversary.

Because of our length, 85' at the end of the car, we use a repeater near the end of the trailer.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I have used the TireSafeGuard (TPM-C106N) for 2 years now and have been happy with them. I just use the 6 tire system, which is 4 for the fifth wheel and 1 for the swivel trailer which is what I really bought the system for. I did end up getting a signal booster (TMP-SB12V) which I mounted under the rear camper bumper to strengthen the swivel trailer wheel signal to the cab, probably 55 ft. I recently replaced the batteries which are CR1632 from Radio Shack after 2 years use.

With the TSG system I have seen PSI/Temp up to 134/140 on the G camper tires which is way too high for me. I have since been experimenting by reducing the 110 cold psi to 95 psi and am now getting 115/120 psi readings which is more in line with what I want and tire wear seems normal so far.

Greg

That's the best thing about forums and all the systems are out there. Everyone is free to receive information from users & choose what they feel will work best for them.

AF Chap: Just curious.

Did you contact TST directly or the vendor you purchased you system from to find out why you had so many sensor issues? We have only replaced 1 510 sensor in the 5 years of use. We do keep an eye on them as they are getting to the end of their battery life. When that happens, I will send in the sensor or sensors with $20.00 for each sensor for a replacement sensor. I have not had any sensor fall off but that is just me and my personal experience. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors

I started back in 2000 with Smartire; they no longer offer a consumer product, but it worked flawlessly for around 4 years (or so). Never a SINGLE issue.

I then switched to PressurePro during their beta program, and ran them for 8+ years until this past winter.

At MATS last year I switched my trailer to TST - the non-replaceable semi-trailer ones. I left my truck with PP. The reason for the switch was I could not get reliable reception with PP on my trailer, despite use of a repeater. And I lost a tire to a leaky PP that did not alert and caused the tire to lose pressure. All in a 30 min drive period. That was the end of the line for me and PP on the trailer. The PP worked/works OK on the truck. No real issues except constant "dropouts". And yes, I have all new sensors. In fact I believe that it is the new sensors that are the issue. They do not perform as well in my application as the older sensors. Something is different.

At the HDT Rally I ordered six more TST sensors for the truck. I am now ALL TST. I have not had a dropout on the trailer yet (I do run the repeater). We will see how the truck is - it is a harsh sensor environment since it rides in between two large metal tire rims. I expect dropouts, but hope for none.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We have used Pressure Pro for 8 years & replaced all 10 sensors after 7 years. I do use a repeater to eliminate rear tire dropouts. We have had no problems with it. Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Thanks folks. Looks like I will look at TST and Pressure Pro for a replacement.

As for Tire Tracker, I have sent all of the sensor back to them for checking and have replace 4 of them and now have two more not working. Like I said, I do not trust the system now.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Well, I have the TST 510RV system with a repeater installed in the RV. It was new in 2014 & but I had to replace 4 sensors & the monitor. I just now sent back another sensor to check/replace. Speaking w/the mfgr they recommend taking the batteries out of all wireless devices (router, cellphone amp, outdoor thermometer -interference ) & try loosening the valve core. The latest one I'm returning has the core is barely threaded into stem & leaks air badly until sensor is threaded onto the stem. Net, this system has been frustrating, in addition I have a hard time trusting something I have to loosen the core & tighten the sensor to keep it from leaking.

A standard compressor can fill a tire & a standard air Guage can measure the pressure, I don't understand why I'd need to to loosen a core to make something work.

Ok, an update to the above issue w/my 510RV system. Many thanks to Dutch & Di who discussed my problem with me & put me in contact w/Mike at TST. Net is TST sent me a replacement sensor. The replacement works perfectly & I didn't need to loosen the core. The sensor I sent in Beverly(TST warranty) stated had a premature battery failure. Thanks again Dianna

Sallie & Jim

2012 Mobile Suite 36TKSB3

2015 F350 DRW

We have been using PressurePro for over ten years. We changed out sensors on their 8 year anniversary.

Because of our length, 85' at the end of the car, we use a repeater near the end of the trailer.

Same here, although I replaced the sensors as they failed since we started with 8 and expanded 10 and then 14 as we changed rigs. Also use a repeater at back of truck, never have had an issue with the PP.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Well, I have the TST 510RV system with a repeater installed in the RV. It was new in 2014 & but I had to replace 4 sensors & the monitor. I just now sent back another sensor to check/replace. Speaking w/the mfgr they recommend taking the batteries out of all wireless devices (router, cellphone amp, outdoor thermometer -interference ) & try loosening the valve core. The latest one I'm returning has the core is barely threaded into stem & leaks air badly until sensor is threaded onto the stem. Net, this system has been frustrating, in addition I have a hard time trusting something I have to loosen the core & tighten the sensor to keep it from leaking.

A standard compressor can fill a tire & a standard air Guage can measure the pressure, I don't understand why I'd need to to loosen a core to make something work.

Hi, I'm chiming in here as I really would like to know if you remember who you spoke to as that is not the normal response from this company. Depending on the problem/problems you had, it should only be from today's date, a year + how many months since your purchase date so everything should have been under warranty.

While I do not know everything about TST, in the 5 years I have been a user and vendor, I have never had them have me tell a customer nor have I ever told a customer to do anything like this. Loosening a valve core is something that I recommend only rarely and then only just a tiny bit. The only thing I can think of they could have possibly been talking about is that IF you have a wireless weather station, it works off the same frequency of TST and they would have suggested you disable that just to see if that resolved your issue. Can you tell us what the issue was with your monitor? I'm still using my original one and we're fulltime RV'ers.

We have been using our 510 system for 5 years and I only had one sensor fail early and that was replaced under warranty. Did you also contact the vendor you purchased your system from? I know I work very hard to make sure any customer is taken care of. What I would like to do is get your OK to pm you my phone number {or e-mail your number at the address below} so I can get more specific info about your problems. If necessary, I can then send you the number of a guy I work with exclusively at TST. Between the 2 of us, I feel very confident that we can make you happy with your system.

Just Post your OK on the forum and I'll PM you. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048

Thanks for responding. We've just relocated & had no WiFi while on the road. I purchased the TST 510RV system 2014. At that time I worked w/Dan Covington who had me send in my receiver & 4 sensors. I have no idea what they found at that time. This was in August of 2014.

This time, 11/03/15 I spoke w/Beverly who states she's in charge of warranty for TST. I've actually had to previously loosen 2 cores in order to get receive a signal from the sensor.

Question: I carry 125 psi in the tires, is it possible the pressure is to high for the sensors, making it to difficult for the sensor to depress the core?

I will send you my phone number & email to your email.

Thanks

Sallie & Jim

2015 F350 DRW

I just got home and received your e-mail w/phone number. I will be contacting you today. Diana

Thanks for responding. We've just relocated & had no WiFi while on the road. I purchased the TST 510RV system 2014. At that time I worked w/Dan Covington who had me send in my receiver & 4 sensors. I have no idea what they found at that time. This was in August of 2014.

This time, 11/03/15 I spoke w/Beverly who states she's in charge of warranty for TST. I've actually had to previously loosen 2 cores in order to get receive a signal from the sensor.

Question: I carry 125 psi in the tires, is it possible the pressure is to high for the sensors, making it to difficult for the sensor to depress the core?

I will send you my phone number & email to your email.

Thanks

SKP #48048

Dutch and Dianna, thanks for discussing my problem with me & setting up a contact for me at TST. TST sent me a replacement sensor which works perfectly without loosening the core. The one I sent in they stated had a premature battery failure. Thanks again

Sallie & Jim

2015 F350 DRW

Ok, an update to the above issue w/my 510RV system. Many thanks to Dutch & Di who discussed my problem with me & put me in contact w/Mike at TST. Net is TST sent me a replacement sensor. The replacement works perfectly & I didn't need to loosen the core. The sensor I sent in Beverly(TST warranty) stated had a premature battery failure. Thanks again Dianna

No thanks needed I'm just very glad Mike could help you. I was happy to be the intermediary to get enough info to give to Mike so we were all on the same page when you and he talked. Enjoy your now working system. If you ever need me, I'm only a phone call or e-mail away. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048

Archived