RVer Guide to ACA Open Enrollment 2016

I have posted the RVer Guide to ACA Open Enrollment 2016 on our website today :) I hope some of you find it useful.

The topics we cover in the guide are:

• Changes to Health Insurance in 2016
  • Choosing an insurance carrier and plan
  • Subsidies and Penalties
  • ON Exchange vs. OFF Exchange
  • Healthcare providers that “Don’t take Obamacare”
  • How to Enroll in the shortest and easiest fashion possible
  • What to do if you currently are enrolled in Obamacare
  • The lack of PPO plans in 2016 and what to do about it
  • Multi-State Plans
  • Alternatives to Obamacare?
  • Medicare Open Enrollment
  • 2016 Market assessments in Florida, South Dakota, and Texas

Kyle Henson, Fulltime RVer since 2011

Founder/Former Owner of  RVer Insurance Exchange

Thanks for the very informative link! I read these threads and links with interest, even though we are "Medicare Veterans" and were before the ACA. And in this case there is an item that applies to us which I suspect there are many others where who just like us, didn't realize the facts.

Notice there was no mention of Medicare Supplement insurance above. That is because there is no AEP for Medicare Supplement insurance. If you have Original Medicare then you can apply for Medicare Supplement insurance any time of year!

We recommend shopping your Medicare supplement coverage once a year to make sure you are getting the best coverage and best rate available.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kyle,

The Guide mentions (under Texas 2016 Plans)

OFF Exchange options in Texas will include HumanaOne (POS) and United Healthcare PPO (Choice) and HMO (Compass).

Looking at Off-Exchange via the RVInsurance.com website, I only see UHC's EPO (Compass) network listed, no PPO and no Choice network. Is the guide in error or hasn't the "Instant Quote" caught up with the off-exchange offerings yet?

Thanks,

Michelle

Kyle,

The Guide mentions (under Texas 2016 Plans)

OFF Exchange options in Texas will include HumanaOne (POS) and United Healthcare PPO (Choice) and HMO (Compass).

Looking at Off-Exchange via the RVInsurance.com website, I only see UHC's EPO (Compass) network listed, no PPO and no Choice network. Is the guide in error or hasn't the "Instant Quote" caught up with the off-exchange offerings yet?

Thanks,

Michelle

What zip code?

Kyle Henson, Fulltime RVer since 2011

Founder/Former Owner of  RVer Insurance Exchange

Thank you for the guide. Are the metal gap plans what used to be the AFLAC and other plans of that type. What I would really like is an option for someone who really only needs catastrophic coverage that is affordable for someone over the age range that is offered on the exchange. I am still sad my affordable ($300 a month) $10,000 deductible ended last year with Humana.

From what I can tell the most comprehensive coverage as far as networks when you travel is in states that offer the BlueCard as an option on the exchange. It looks like Wyoming and North Dakota.....maybe also Florida? It would be nice to have a list of states that offer these plans. But will they change next year like Texas did this year. I have to change my domicile but don't want to do it frequently.

Archived